585,737 active members*
4,789 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Any keyCreator Users here

Hi
    I have been using Cadkey since version 3 and currently use 19. At the time I bought 19 it was just about finished and I got a copy of keyCreator with the annual contract.
    The changes were so extreme I found it hard to change over.
    However I have used it to create solid fasteners etc and taken them back to 19
    KeyCreator seems to much better but it is just difficult to get used to all the changed menus.
    If I want to get into keyCreator is there any one here to give me some advice or recommend a good forum.

Thanks
    Nigel

Nigel,

If you have an annual contract them you should have access to the KeyCreator forum at: http://www.kubotekusa.com/cgi-bin/wfbin/ultimatebb.cgi

There is also this one: http://cadchat.com/forum/index.php

We can also help you here.

I’ve found KeyCreator to be much, much better all around. Is it without fault? No, unfortunately I get a crash once in awhile. My advice is to stop using CK19 and use KeyCreator full time and force yourself to learn it. If you do any serious solid modeling then you need to move up. KeyCreator is far more powerful with advanced modeling tools, and you can build assemblies using referenced parts and layout mode has been improved 10 fold.

Thanks moldcore
    I was not using keyCreator so I let the AUC lapse.
    19 was able to cope with my needs, but even with my limited playing around I can see that keyCreator is way ahead.
    Thanks for the offer of help, I will also check out cadchat

2 problems I have at the moment:

I use L to bring up the line menu and it works initially after starting the program, but after a while when I press L the whole screen goes half size then jumps right back to full size.

Trying to use X to bring up the delta tranform menu, go through the process but can't make it stick. All I end up with is delta copy not the choice of move,copy,join.
    Any ideas, the L problem is the one I really need to fix, if I close and restart it is fixed but you can't keep doing that.
    And I have the 3.02 patch in place.
    Thanks
    Nigel

Nigel,
    If you have a legit copy, you should still be able to get on the Webforum. All you need is an account number from when you purchased KeyCreator. It’s in the “Help/about” info.

As for the L and the X keys, you should be able to find out if they are assigned to the right functions under Tools/Customize/ Commands tab. You may have more than one command assigned to L key if that’s even possible. You can assign whatever command you want to any key there. Make sure you have the “Save current Workspace on Exit” checked in the Tools/Option/Startup window to save any changes to the hot keys. Good luck.

Thank You
    Yes my copy is legal so I will try to join that website.
    2 things I can't find are Smart Layout which throws 4 views at once into the layout and I can't as yet find how to simply relocate instances using the cursor, can align them OK but not relocate them.

Photo Real, I am sure is not there, I used to find that very useful to do "photos" of tapware before anything was made.
    With some playing around I was able to make things look Gold or Chrome and they looked just like a real photograph.
    I guess I was the only person that found a use for it, as is no longer there.
    Thanks for your Help
    Nigel

Went to register with Kubotek and it says only active AUC customers can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel_B View Post
    Thank You
    Yes my copy is legal so I will try to join that website.
    2 things I can't find are Smart Layout which throws 4 views at once into the layout and I can't as yet find how to simply relocate instances using the cursor, can align them OK but not relocate them.

Photo Real, I am sure is not there, I used to find that very useful to do "photos" of tapware before anything was made.
    With some playing around I was able to make things look Gold or Chrome and they looked just like a real photograph.
    I guess I was the only person that found a use for it, as is no longer there.
    Thanks for your Help
    Nigel

-what version are you using?
    -for "smart layout" look at the picture below...
    -to relocate instances use (or any other thing for that matter) EDIT / ENTITIES / MOVE
    -i'm not sure what you meen by photo reall, i can't find it in ck99, but look at the other picture below for some options....

The only thing i find stupid about it is the new icons they introduced back in 4.5 i think....but if your going to learn it, learn it with the new icons, i'll make your life easyer down the road. (fyi, there is a option to switch them the same as ck)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.JPG   3.jpg  

Went to register with Kubotek and it says only active AUC customers can play.
    Sorry I didn’t know that. My AUC expired once and I was still able to access the forum. I renewed about a year ago after skipping a year.

Hi
    I won't be going any futher than the V3 I have. Most of my work these days is cnc turning. Do get some drafting work, but not enough to need to stay up to date with the software.
    I used to be able to toggle the direction of dimension arrows before finally placing it in position. Used to be alt I to undo the dim then control A to change the direction and then I could put the direction in place with arrows the way I wanted them. Is this possible?

I use L to bring up the line menu but after a while all the L key does is reduce the whole screen to half size and then bring it back to normal, any ideas?

Thanks Nigel

As far as I know (i could be wrong) but the only way to change the witness stile is to eather pre set it before making the dimension or use "change witness stile" to change the arrows.

As for the L key problem....I could have sworn i seen that same complaint soemwhere else....but then again i'm running on 2h sleep so i could be wrong. I'd check to see the button is assigned to the appropriate command.....(i'ts all i got)

Hi
    I have been using Cadkey since version 3 and currently use 19. At the time I bought 19 it was just about finished and I got a copy of keyCreator with the annual contract.
    The changes were so extreme I found it hard to change over.
    However I have used it to create solid fasteners etc and taken them back to 19
    KeyCreator seems to much better but it is just difficult to get used to all the changed menus.
    If I want to get into keyCreator is there any one here to give me some advice or recommend a good forum.

Thanks
    Nigel

having been a cadkey/key creator user since its beginning, hack and slash only works for so long,or as long as you need it,keycreator is just fine for hack and slash work,for real design work try solid works or alibre
    or use it in clasice mode

Quote Originally Posted by jamfixer View Post
    having been a cadkey/key creator user since its beginning, hack and slash only works for so long,or as long as you need it,keycreator is just fine for hack and slash work,for real design work try solid works or alibre

I used to hear the same rubbish from Pro-E users, for real designers use Pro-E, hacks us Cadkey.

I can't tell you how much crap geometry I get from Pro-E and Solidworks users. I design stuff in CK99 and WS21.5 that you wouldn't attempt in SWX.

In reality though it's not the software that makes the difference, it's the soft stuff between the ears that makes the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jamfixer View Post
    Solidworks is a great mechanical design package, but it can't touch the imported garabage that I have to deal with on a daily basis. Using both is the only way I can get a lot of my work done.

as some once said " it what is between your ears that matters"
    A comfort zone is difficult to get out out of,people have dificulty when changing over from a draw as you think , as opposed to a think before you draw .
    There will always be designers who design products that cant be manfactured ,as there will always be manfactures who begin to "rethink "
    There will always be cad users that are not inclined to connect lines
    "eat little and live long " as they say on my planet

What type of work are you doing in Keycreator? I use it for a lot of 2d for prints because I can draw faster in it. I also use Solidworks for 3d models. I am an old Cadkey user. It all depends on what you are doing.

John B.