584,830 active members*
5,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: help

help

Hi there jus wonder is someone can help me I am using mastercam 8 I am not professional programmer and don't know how to make rad with two different Z numbers. I have to make rad from X1.812 Y-2.2175 Z0.0 to X0.0 Y -1.697 Z-.150 should I use create arc? or modify and radius? my rad is 3.76205" thx for help

Re: help

You can't..... a Radius ( or Circle ) is planar....... one of the axis MUST stay constant ( ie the Z )...all points lay on the same level as the centrepoint

A workaround is to create an additional plane for the arc to lay on ( plane passes thru the end points, as well as the arc centre point )
    - but this arc would be considered an ellipse when viewed from TOP view

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    You can't..... a Radius ( or Circle ) is planar....... one of the axis MUST stay constant ( ie the Z )...all points lay on the same level as the centrepoint

A workaround is to create an additional plane for the arc to lay on ( plane passes thru the end points, as well as the arc centre point )
    - but this arc would be considered an ellipse when viewed from TOP view
    . So how I can program to machine this rad with 1:1/4 bull nose endmill g codes? thx

Quote Originally Posted by cora1969 View Post
    . So how I can program to machine this rad with 1:1/4 bull nose endmill g codes? thx
    Are you trying to create a toolpath using wireframe (lines, arcs, etc) or from a solid feature ?
    - I'd say it would be a surface feature of the solid...... so you need a surfacing toolpath

put up a picture of the item..... make the feature you are talking about in a different colour

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Are you trying to create a toolpath using wireframe (lines, arcs, etc) or from a solid feature ?
    - I'd say it would be a surface feature of the solid...... so you need a surfacing toolpath

put up a picture of the item..... make the feature you are talking about in a different colour
    hi I just want to make line or arc don't want to make surface wil try to post a picture when find out how thx

Attachment 336572Attachment 336572
    Quote Originally Posted by cora1969 View Post
    hi I just want to make line or arc don't want to make surface wil try to post a picture when find out how thx

Edit:

If you have X8 I can help but if its Mastercam 8 other people know way more than me.

It's been a while since you posted this but I hope my quick tip may help still.

I believe that it is possible to make that curved feature based on the limited view of the pics...the piece needs to be mounted in a fixture that has an angle to it at the top face. Then a simple toolpath with a radius/arc will do. Other than that 3d surface programming must be used.