• 50 to 59

434 15.75%
  • 60+

284 10.30%
Page 36 of 36 26343536
    Registered

Re: How old are you?

Wow, fantastic Sir.
    A Pro is always a Pro. We pride of that to have you here Sir.

With Regards

Who translate that punched tapes into 2017!

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Russell840 View Post
    Wow, fantastic Sir.
    A Pro is always a Pro. We pride of that to have you here Sir.

With Regards

Who translate that punched tapes into 2017!
    I can remember translating tapes many years ago, but with the new machining methods we have now it's better just to just use the blueprints redraw in a CAD program and go from there.
    I remember when all the programs were tool path and you HAD to use the right size tool to get a part that had the right dimensions. Now you have tool offsets right on the machine and the tool dimensions can be adjusted for. Back when tapes were punched you had to program toolpaths from point to point and if you went around a corner you had to choose the type of corner you wanted (sharp, rounded or just remove the sharp edge with a .005" 45 deg nick) and then calculate the tool path to make it. To round a corner you needed to figure out where the cutter needed to stop going straight and then where it would end up after going around the corner plus where the center of the arc was from where you stopped going straight. Now you can just tell the CAD program to round all corners and you are done. If you want to try something fun program the rough and finish cuts for a pocket shaped like a triangle (3" length down one side - point to point) with none of the sides either horizontal or vertical, do a step over of 75% and leave .02" for finish using a .125" end mill.

Larry

Registered

There are 64 rings around the bathtub!

Registered

Well, I am repairer and need to translate punched tapes to export the old machines parameters and machine Data, sometimes PLC. It's sometimes floppy disk, 5inch, 3.4 inches, punched tape,
    It is the basic and I am in believing that, when someone works and learn basics, can be the better creator and problem solver.

With regards Dear Larry :-)

Registered

60. Programmed NC machines using paper tape from a friden flexowriter for the EIA machines and a teletype model 33 for the ASCII machines. Lots of chad on the programming floor.
    Wayne Hill

Registered

I was in a different bracket when the poll was started than I am now.
    36 years young and taught by old schoolers.

Wow, there are people of all demographic groups here.

49 at moment.
    Since 1987 active in software development (embedded firmware, realtime-os for embedded boards, development environment with IDE/Compilers/Debuggers and at now how CNC firmware/software development).

A life for code...

Page 36 of 36 26343536