584,846 active members*
4,418 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question g-code rounding help

ok I have tried in aspire and created rounding tool path both raster and rounding around the cylinder it does try to cut the file but does not seem to cut in the correct spot is it a post problem or a step problem on the rotary axis I'm trying to find a simple g-code using the a axis to turn a pc of wood 5.5" square 18" long z is the center of the work piece I want to turn it down to a 5" cylinder using a .5" end mill so I can rule out the post processor problem or the rotary not set up correctly hope someone can help
    Thanks
    Steve

Re: g-code rounding help

If it's not cutting in the correct spot, it sounds like a zeroing problem. How are you finding the center of the A axis? The best way, short of an automatic tool-setter, is to indicate a ground cylinder of known concentricity, diameter and straightness in the rotary axis, then touch off to it with a center-finder, remembering to deduct the radius of the finder as well as the radius of the cylinder (for Y) or the radius of the cylinder (for Z, when you touch off with your actual tool).
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Re: g-code rounding help

the Z height is not the problem I use a touch off plate (my z depth is within .003) the problem is when using the rastering rounding tool path from aspire it cuts correct on the first pass taking out the corner but when it rotates that's where it seems to go this is why I was hoping to get just a simple g-code file to eliminate either the post or A axis setup