584,866 active members*
5,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinmuk View Post
    ok, i have tried every way I can think of the enter the M-codes, but the controller won't accept them. I know the unlock code works, because if I don't enter it I can't even type the 1's and 0's. When I enter the unlock code (opmode 6) it will let me type in the code, but when I press enter nothing happens.

The checksum error is always present, does this indicate a bad memory location? Would downloading the parameters and reloading them help with this?
    Are you typing in all of the digits ? Even if it is just a zero, make sure you type them all in then press enter and then press reset twice after all are entered.....

If you makes you feel better, I've worked on literally 100's of 8025's and never had one with a hardware or software problem that prevented me from entering those parameters..... (Once upon a time, I was the primary bench technician for Fagor USA that fixed all CNC's that came in the door) .......thus I am sure nothing is wrong with them.

Let me know if you're still having a problem tomorrow, I'll actually look at it closer with you and open the manuals and make sure you are entering the right unlock codes.

good luck !

Hey Todd,

You're amazing, you got my Fagor to accept the code psychically! But really, I tried it again just before I went to work this morning and it accepted the M03 code. So tonight I will enter all the M-codes. i don't know what I was doing wrong all week but it worked this time.

However, after it took the M-code, I got a error 108, leadscrew compensation error. when I checked the leadscrew compensation table there was a checksum error there also. I will try to reenter those tonight as well. even though there are numbers already entered. anyything special I should know about that?
    Tinmuk
    Any problem can be solved by the proper application of heat!

Hi Tinmuk,

I'm glad to hear of the new progress !

What has happened with the Leadscrew error compensation table is that it when the batteries went out, it scrambled, thus a checksum error. All you have to do is reset the table.....

I think there is a single code for it where you just enter PKAI0 or maybe just PKAI with them.... might also be MKAI0 or MKAI..... its been a few years since I worked on that control and do not remember the exact code..... (I know MKAI0 is for unlocking memory.... you'll need PKAI0 for unlocking parameters) and it might just be KAI0 that resets the leadscrew error compensation table...... but it should be in the manual. You will also more than likely have tool table and zero offset table errors. With those, you should just have to change one and they will all reset. Just takes a few seconds to clear these parity errors and they are normal after losing the battery back-up.

You might want to call Patrick in the morning at 1-800-423-2467, ext 288, who is our chief Bench Technician and will undoubtly know the codes out of memory considering he uses them on a daily basis. Tell him you have an 8025 T CNC so he'll know which code to give you.

good luck !
    Todd

ok, the leadscrew error 108 is fixed, very simple I just entered the existing numbers. Had to do it twice, but it worked. The control now starts with no errors. But when I go to op mode1 thru 6 I get a LAN error (111)

So what do I do the resolve this?
    Tinmuk
    Any problem can be solved by the proper application of heat!

Hi Tinmuk,

LAN error is also common, when the batteries were lost, the parameters get scrambled.... now the CNC thinks it is part of a network via the RS 485 port on the CNC. In your Installation manual you'll see some network parameters..... just set them to zero, and that error will go..... right now, they have some random number in them. In the Installation manual, I believe there is a small chapter dedicated to LAN.... and there is probably 5-10 parameters associated with this...... no big deal, just set them to zero.

You are getting closer !!

Todd

btw, what this tells me is that all of your machine parameters are scrambled...... do you know what they were originally set to ? Check the very back of the original Installation manual, there are parameter charts we provide that maybe the builder had filled out, thus its easy for you..... if not, then you should have gotten a disk with a parameter file that you could download to the CNC ?

If neither, then you're going to have to go back through every parameter and enter them. This is not something Fagor has, because these parameters are set-up individually by the Builders to match the machine requirements and default conditions they desire. Things like default speeds, feeds, servo gains, limits, type of axes and much more needs to be specified in these parameters...... if you know your machine well, this can take an hour or two to complete..... if you do not, it can take a day or two of experimentation.

gotta run.
    Todd

tinmuk did you call Brad at dynamic he has parameter lists for these retrofits as well as all CMS upgrade machines.
    949 525 3547

Quote Originally Posted by Fagor - Todd View Post
    With a standard accuslide, you do not have a lot of M-code outputs..... spindle M03/04, M08/09 coolant and I think they called it M13/M14 for collet open/shut and maybe a few others.

If you want to trace it out, go to the I/O 2 port on the CNC. (It is the only 25 pin connector on the CNC)..... take the connector housing off and trace all wires that are connected from pins 3 thru 13 and also pins 22-25...... a lot of them should have no wire connected because I know they did not use all M-code outputs. Once we know where they go, I can tell you how to set-up the M-code table. The connector is on the back of the CNC on the pendant. (The 8025 is a compact CNC and is all 1 unit) the wires will then undoubtly run thru the arm and into the electrical cabinet.

My next question, is parameters..... do you know them ? Have you re-entered them ?

After you are all done, I'll teach you how to back this data up so you can just do a reload in the event of future problems.

Todd

You wouldn’t happen to have the parameters for the Hardinge accuslide lathe. Didn’t have them locked, they got changed around and now can’t jog home. Super old thread so not sure if anyone will see this but would be most gracious to get the factory parameters. Been trying to contact gtcnc but due to CoVID having issues. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 12