585,752 active members*
3,882 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > IS THERE AN ID GROOVE CANNED CYCLE FOR CITIZEN L20

IS THERE AN ID GROOVE CANNED CYCLE FOR CITIZEN L20

I need a canned cycle for a citizen l20 xii for an ID groove. I have an id grove I need to do with a small ph horn boring bar at a .0005 peck so the cycle is huge and causing the edit buffer to overload on the controller making it unable to edit the program. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: IS THERE AN ID GROOVE CANNED CYCLE FOR CITIZEN L20

I'm not really sure what you're trying to do. You say you have to make an ID groove, but you're using a boring bar? If you essentially just want a roughing cycle like on a conventional lathe, you can use a G90 cycle. It works like a G92 threading cycle but feeds inward instead of using a rapid move. If that is not what you want then I recommend researching how to program using macro's. This will turn your entire chunk of long-hand code into just a hand full of lines (depending on complexity) that will likely fit on one page in your editor. If you do this type of thing a lot and the dimensions and locations change a lot, you can even look into making your own custom G65 Macro Subprogram. It works like a built-in machine canned cycle so you can feed it a few variables for the size and location of the groove and it will do all the work, with only a few lines of code.

Re: IS THERE AN ID GROOVE CANNED CYCLE FOR CITIZEN L20

I am using a horn grooving bar...my bad. I found a fix to my problem by using a g75 canned cycle. I am new to citizen and swiss. I have spent the past 4 years mostly on Okuma's and am trying to get re familiarized with fanuc/mits style of programming.