586,000 active members*
4,952 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > WMD30/BF30 RPM counter display not working.

Unhappy WMD30/BF30 RPM counter display not working.

Hello,

I have a problem with my WMD30/BF30 RPM display, in which it stopped showing the RPM values. I have checked the circuit board "cesx 1101-28", which is common in many versions of machines i.e. G0704 and all small Chinese mills.I cannot understand where is this problem coming from. I am also attaching a small video showing how it all started. The machine is still working as before but without any RPM display. Can anybody help or have had this issue?

Re: WMD30/BF30 RPM counter display not working.

I have had the problem intermittently. No solution at this time though it doesnt concern me much. I do have a handheld Tach if needed.

IIRC at one time I changed power supplies over to a wall wart. Another member here had tried to split the signal to feed to Mach also. I am not sure how that turned out.
    A lazy man does it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    I have had the problem intermittently. No solution at this time though it doesnt concern me much. I do have a handheld Tach if needed.

IIRC at one time I changed power supplies over to a wall wart. Another member here had tried to split the signal to feed to Mach also. I am not sure how that turned out.
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I have connected a 5v supply to the rpm display and it worked so i thought it has to do something with the circuit board power supply. I tried to change the board with a new one but had no luck, it still didnt work so now my machine supplier is trying to figure it out with the machine manufacturer. I'm still waiting for a reply.

Lets hope that he has a solution or maybe someone else had this issue and solved it. At least i'll have somewhere to look at.

Thanks anyway.

I dug a little deeper. Here is a link http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...uestion-5.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    I dug a little deeper. Here is a link http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...uestion-5.html
    Hello, i cannot recall anything with that link you gave me. There isn't my RPM display problem mentioned. Can you enlighten me please?

Post 45 on that link has some info on the tach part part of that board. Michael was working on the tach and the contactor in that thread.