585,676 active members*
4,680 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > animating 4th axis material/work

animating 4th axis material/work

OSP200M controller

wondering how to enable 4th axis animation? i see in the blank definition menu there are options for it but they are not accessable.

any help would be appreciated.

Re: animating 4th axis material/work

still looking for a solution to this, finally had some spare time to look into it again. anyone have any insight?

hy jay, how do you create the program for the 4th axis ?

and if the program works, why do you need animation ? kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

im creating the programs via BobCAD/CAM software. and i would like my operators to be able to animate the program as a form of proofing. it seem like it should be possible when you read the manual, but i cant seem to make it happen at the control?

animate the program as a form of proofing
    hello is possible to have kids, even if you are watching cartoons ...

... 1 click at pc : send main program to machine via network
    ... 1 click at cnc : use an app to detect all tools used inside your main program, in order to generate a measuring program, that will measure all required tools inside the machine
    ... 3 clicks at cnc ( program select, ok, cycle start ) : run that measuring program, in order to measure all tools, observe cuting edges, and output a list with HA & DA
    ... 1 click at pc : import the HA & DA file from cnc, check colisions, adjust as necessary, and if all is ok, then block all current offsets to actual value ±0.5mm, so to avoid colisions caused by wrong offsets

i can help with custom apps, but you need to discuss with bobcad the part about importing offset file, virtual tool autosetting, and colision check

described method is two-ways, thus you send and receive data from cnc; is possible to do it one-way only, by presseting tools at safe positions, and avoiding in machine measurement by using electronic labels sticked to your toolholders / kindly

Kitty- just say you don’t have a clue or better yet, don’t post. Quit wasting his time if you don’t know a good answer - please show some respect. ???? kindly.

I don’t think it Is possible on the older controls but may be available on the newer machines with 3D graphics. I haven’t tried it but if you send me a copy of your manual I will take a look since I do understand how graphics work on Okuma.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

hello mr wizard, i know many tricks from you

"animate the program as a form of proofing" is not the fastest, or the safest way to proof a setup ... is possible to animate, and still have a crash

using 3d models & cas requires many keystrokes and downtime, and cas clearances are sometimes too big, stopping the machine even if everything is fine

there are system variables that will error out during simulation

there are numerous operators complaining about this "useless" setup time, and someguys will figure it out pretty soon that all this can be by-passed

graphics are implemented inside okuma machines like an add-on, thus is not critical to use it

i don't talk science fiction ... solution is remote, and i have seen shops using such methods : a few years ago i have seen an okuma shop using them, and recently i saw an nonOkuma shop, working for aerospace

and my post was just a low-cost alternative, i barely scratched the surface, but i am not kidding about a 6 clicks proofing method / kindly

ps : is not about respect/whatever, is about that some persons are having a false safety feeling, when animation is on, and i am not here to take this easy jay asked this 1st time in 2016, seems he is still thinking about it, so i decided to present him an alternative to what some modern shops are doing