Well now that the cooler months are starting to creep up on us here in Michigan, I figured it was about time to decide what I was going to be doing all winter to keep my sanity during the snow and blowing that I am sure we will see soon enough. I have been wanting to build a grandfather clock for several years but so far have not gotten around to it so I thought that this would be an excellent time to start.

I am no designer by any means so I search the net to find plans that I could use as I constructed it. After finding a few, I showed the final 3 to the wife and let her make the final determination as to what we wanted. After all it is going in her house to. The plans are from Klockit - The World's Leading Clock Parts and Clock Movements Supplier for Over 42 Years and I have settled on the "Columbia Grandfather Clock Kit - The Cooper Collection". They also sell kits, but we're making this baby from scratch!

The first picture is from the Klockit website, the second the start of the walnut in the rough, and after planing a few stick. There is quite a bit of work to this project so please be patient as my time in the shop is limited to mainly weekends. Having to work around family events etc can also delay it. No problem, snow will be here soon enough and wont be gone for several months. We've got time!