584,800 active members*
4,822 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 7 of 7 567

Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings. Video Added

Quote Originally Posted by carl1961 View Post
    I remember having the entering 400 long back when I did mine, it is tricky getting the far left digits entered especially if there is a max number (hard-coded in the firmware that it won't let you go over) another thing verify your spindle has 220 volts on it. if your power in is 220.
    try going left of the 50 and put 3 and then change the 5 to 0 and then back to the 3 and change to 4

Try it in the order that that was posted here before

you already did the factory reset so go to step 2 and hang d002 first then d001 and so on.

1) Reset the VFD to factory settings
    a) Set D001 to 1
    b) Set D176 to 1 and press Func (this resets VFD to factory settings)
    c) Set D001 to 1this allows you to change settings
    2) Reset the VFD to 400Hz max operating frequency rather than the 50Hz default:
    a) Set D002 to 400 (need to set this before D000)
    b) Set D000 to 400
    c) Set D003 to 400
    d) Set D009 to 400
    e) Set D021 to 400
    f) Set D093 to 400
    Yes this set mine. Thanks now to find how to set everything else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings. Video Added

Quote Originally Posted by carl1961 View Post
    I remember having the entering 400 long back when I did mine, it is tricky getting the far left digits entered especially if there is a max number (hard-coded in the firmware that it won't let you go over) another thing verify your spindle has 220 volts on it. if your power in is 220.
    try going left of the 50 and put 3 and then change the 5 to 0 and then back to the 3 and change to 4

Try it in the order that that was posted here before

you already did the factory reset so go to step 2 and hang d002 first then d001 and so on.

a) Set D001 to 1
    c) Set D001 to 1this allows you to change settings
    b) Set D000 to 400
    c) Set D003 to 400
    d) Set D009 to 400
    e) Set D021 to 400
    f) Set D093 to 400
    What I was missing was after factory rest was to go back and rest D001 against. After I did that I was good to go. Thx again

Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

Quote Originally Posted by TaffyCarl View Post
    Yes I have. I've got print outs of the parameters etc on my workbench in the garage and sit with my ipad watching videos (those two included) and the parameters comparing things - still no joy.
    Just in case you haven’t got this settings. I was having the same trouble. After I did factory rest. You again need to set D001. To the 1 setting then you can change perimeters

Hello Mate you would'nt no were i could get information or pictures on the wiring for a zero touch probe for the PRT-E1500W. I can't seem to find it any were. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by gmungas View Post
    I finally figured out the VFD and Mach3 software settings for my 1.5 kW, 110Vac, 400Hz Spindle with the PRT-E1500W VFD in order to run the spindle either in manual mode or with PWM control through the PC. Here's the procedure I used. (Note I didn't change the 220V setting to 110V in the VFD since there isn't a mechanism for generating higher voltage than the VFD supply and it doesn't appear to be necessary, but this should be vetted by another party (CHIMERA1960?) prior to long duration running).

a) Set D001 to 1 (may be able to skip this step)

b) Set D000 to 400
    c) Set D003 to 400
    d) Set D009 to 400
    e) Set D021 to 400
    f) Set D093 to 400

3) Set VFD to receive input frequency setting for spindle throttle control from the AVI terminal:
    a) Set D031 to 1

4) OPTIONAL but I would recommend for additional debug/safety reasons: Set VFD to allow manual spindle "stop" from terminal even when running from PC

5) OPTIONAL: Set AVI terminal to readout spindle rpm instead of VFD frequency:
    a) Set D039 to 1

6) To run the spindle manually with variable speed directly from the AVI terminal:
    a) Set D032 to 0
    b) Make sure switch next to AVI terminal is set to "Manually"
    b) Use AVI "Pot Dial" to set spindle rpm
    c) Use AVI "Run" to start spindle
    d) Use AVI "Stop" to stop spindle or turn down Pot Dial to 0

7) To run the spindle from the PC (note the PWM signal from Mach3 adjusts the setting of the AVI terminal as if it were the VFD Pot. The PWM signal is NOT going directly to the spindle motor):
    a) Make sure you have the right Port/Pin settings in Mach3 (see example settings below)
    b) Set D032 to 1
    c) Make sure switch next to PRT is set to "PC"
    d) Very important: On Mach3 User Panel, make sure you select and input the max spindle speed (i.e. 24000).
    e) Select the actual spindle speed by adjusting up/down arrows or dragging the column up/down for relative speed setting changes.
    f) Use "Spindle CW F5" button or "F5" to toggle turning the spindle on/of

Mach3 software settings that work for my spindle and wiring configuration (if you have an issue with the X,Y,Z position controller settings let me know, but I think most don't have this issue):

A) Ports/Pins
    1) Port Setup and Axis Selection
    i) Port #1 Enabled
    ii) Kernel Speed Set to 35000 Hz (this worked for my 2.9 GHz desktop controller, but you may need to use the lower 25000 Hz setting for slower machines)

2) Motor Outputs
    i) Spindle Enabled = Active
    ii) Spindle Step Pin# = 1
    iii) Spindle Dir Pin# = 0
    iv) Dir LowActive = Active
    v) Step Low Active = Active
    vi) Spindle Step Port = 1
    vii) Dir Port = 0

3) Input Signals
    i) EStop Enabled = Active
    ii) EStop Port = 1
    iii) EStop Pin Number = 10
    iv) EStop Active Low = Active
    v) EStop Emulated = Inactive

4) Output Signals
    i) Enable1 Enabled = Active
    ii) Enable1 Port# = 1
    iii) Enable1 Pin Number = 14
    iv) Enable1 Active Low = Active or Inactive
    iv) Output#1 Enabled = Active
    v) Output#1 Port# = 1
    vi) Output#1 Pin Number = 17 (this should NOT be the Motor Output Step Pin (e.g. Pin #1 in my configuration) as may be indicated in some of the user manuals)
    vii) Output#1 Active Low = Inactive (important to make sure Spindle is On when Mach3 Toggle Switch is on. May need to change this setting if switch appears to be operating backwards)

5) Spindle Setup
    i) Select "Use Spindle Motor Output"
    ii) Select "PWM Control"
    iii) Input "PWMBase Freq." (I used 421)
    iv) Input "Minimum PWM" ( I used 0%)

B) Pulley Selection
    i) Pulley Number 4
    ii) Min Speed = 0
    iii) Max Speed = 24000
    iv) Ratio = 1

Good luck! Hope this helps!
    I have Chinese 6040 router working under VFD control
    But the spindle will not work at full speed unless I
    Turn the pot dial to manual. I know this
    Is not a mechanical issue because it happened
    before and I got it corrected but I do not
    remember what I did. It is a setting somewhere.
    I am using Mach 3. VFD settings have been
    double and ttiple checked. Thanks for any help!

Cool Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

I would check your settings against my all 200 settings:
    PRT-E1500W 110V VFD SETTINGS for USB CNCEST-6040T

Mike

Hi all, I have Connected everything like it should installed Mach3 and put on the CNC openend the Mach3 software it says driver loaded but nothing works or responds.
    I did set the config as it should (double checked), still nothing.........
    No drivers cd or Manual was given, took a lot of searching the internet too find anything like plugins but non worked for me.
    Can someoone please help me i really want too enjoy my CNC. ( USB ) CNCEST PRT-E1500W
    HERE MY VIDEO wish get some help.

6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.
    Hi all, I have Connected everything like it should installed Mach3 and put on the CNC openend the Mach3 software it says driver loaded but nothing works or responds.
    I did set the config as it should (double checked), still nothing.........
    No drivers cd or Manual was given, took a lot of searching the internet too find anything like plugins but non worked for me.
    Can someoone please help me i really want too enjoy my CNC. ( USB ) CNCEST PRT-E1500W
    HERE MY VIDEO wish get some help.

HI,I have no idea you sort out your problem or not,if you did could you please look at this video and help me.

Hey Guys
    Thanks for the info to all that posted. With this info I was able to get my 6090 to move X,Y, and Z axis. I can get the spindle to operate manually, but I can't get it to run from Mach3. I set D032 to 1. When I try to start it via mach3 the readout on the VFD shows the rpm but the spindle is not spinning. Also, when I click the "Spindle CW F5" button in mach3 the dwell indicator lights up. Any Ideas?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MadPickinSkills View Post
    Hey Guys
    Thanks for the info to all that posted. With this info I was able to get my 6090 to move X,Y, and Z axis. I can get the spindle to operate manually, but I can't get it to run from Mach3. I set D032 to 1. When I try to start it via mach3 the readout on the VFD shows the rpm but the spindle is not spinning. Also, when I click the "Spindle CW F5" button in mach3 the dwell indicator lights up. Any Ideas?
    thanks
    I am having this exact problem, looking for a solution. Did you find one yet?

in PC Mode, I can move the x,y,z axis with arrow keys. I hit f5, the number lights up on the vfd box and displays 24000 but spindle doesn't spin. If I did it in manual, it would spin. help?

I have the 6040 1.5k spindle. I am not running it from the pc but from the VFD. The problem I’m having is the spindle is running reverse. Where in the strings can I change it?

Hallo! Wo kann ich meine Fragen zu meiner 6040cnc stellen?
    Danke im voraus.

Quote Originally Posted by gmungas View Post
    I finally figured out the VFD and Mach3 software settings for my 1.5 kW, 110Vac, 400Hz Spindle with the PRT-E1500W VFD in order to run the spindle either in manual mode or with PWM control through the PC. Here's the procedure I used. (Note I didn't change the 220V setting to 110V in the VFD since there isn't a mechanism for generating higher voltage than the VFD supply and it doesn't appear to be necessary, but this should be vetted by another party (CHIMERA1960?) prior to long duration running).

a) Set D001 to 1 (may be able to skip this step)

b) Set D000 to 400
    c) Set D003 to 400
    d) Set D009 to 400
    e) Set D021 to 400
    f) Set D093 to 400

3) Set VFD to receive input frequency setting for spindle throttle control from the AVI terminal:
    a) Set D031 to 1

4) OPTIONAL but I would recommend for additional debug/safety reasons: Set VFD to allow manual spindle "stop" from terminal even when running from PC

5) OPTIONAL: Set AVI terminal to readout spindle rpm instead of VFD frequency:
    a) Set D039 to 1

6) To run the spindle manually with variable speed directly from the AVI terminal:
    a) Set D032 to 0
    b) Make sure switch next to AVI terminal is set to "Manually"
    b) Use AVI "Pot Dial" to set spindle rpm
    c) Use AVI "Run" to start spindle
    d) Use AVI "Stop" to stop spindle or turn down Pot Dial to 0

7) To run the spindle from the PC (note the PWM signal from Mach3 adjusts the setting of the AVI terminal as if it were the VFD Pot. The PWM signal is NOT going directly to the spindle motor):
    a) Make sure you have the right Port/Pin settings in Mach3 (see example settings below)
    b) Set D032 to 1
    c) Make sure switch next to PRT is set to "PC"
    d) Very important: On Mach3 User Panel, make sure you select and input the max spindle speed (i.e. 24000).
    e) Select the actual spindle speed by adjusting up/down arrows or dragging the column up/down for relative speed setting changes.
    f) Use "Spindle CW F5" button or "F5" to toggle turning the spindle on/of

Mach3 software settings that work for my spindle and wiring configuration (if you have an issue with the X,Y,Z position controller settings let me know, but I think most don't have this issue):

A) Ports/Pins
    1) Port Setup and Axis Selection
    i) Port #1 Enabled
    ii) Kernel Speed Set to 35000 Hz (this worked for my 2.9 GHz desktop controller, but you may need to use the lower 25000 Hz setting for slower machines)

2) Motor Outputs
    i) Spindle Enabled = Active
    ii) Spindle Step Pin# = 1
    iii) Spindle Dir Pin# = 0
    iv) Dir LowActive = Active
    v) Step Low Active = Active
    vi) Spindle Step Port = 1
    vii) Dir Port = 0

3) Input Signals
    i) EStop Enabled = Active
    ii) EStop Port = 1
    iii) EStop Pin Number = 10
    iv) EStop Active Low = Active
    v) EStop Emulated = Inactive

4) Output Signals
    i) Enable1 Enabled = Active
    ii) Enable1 Port# = 1
    iii) Enable1 Pin Number = 14
    iv) Enable1 Active Low = Active or Inactive
    iv) Output#1 Enabled = Active
    v) Output#1 Port# = 1
    vi) Output#1 Pin Number = 17 (this should NOT be the Motor Output Step Pin (e.g. Pin #1 in my configuration) as may be indicated in some of the user manuals)
    vii) Output#1 Active Low = Inactive (important to make sure Spindle is On when Mach3 Toggle Switch is on. May need to change this setting if switch appears to be operating backwards)

5) Spindle Setup
    i) Select "Use Spindle Motor Output"
    ii) Select "PWM Control"
    iii) Input "PWMBase Freq." (I used 421)
    iv) Input "Minimum PWM" ( I used 0%)

B) Pulley Selection
    i) Pulley Number 4
    ii) Min Speed = 0
    iii) Max Speed = 24000
    iv) Ratio = 1

Good luck! Hope this helps!

Hello,
    looking on the web for information about driving this Vfd-Spindle manually, I have found and used these data (to use manually the spindle) an looks perfect.

Many and many thanks.

Take Care

Graziano

Graziano
    Milan-Italy

Page 7 of 7 567