585,604 active members*
3,361 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

G11 in Camsoft?

When I run a program in Camsoft that I have generated offline with another cam program, the camsoft control inserts a G11 on every motion line. What is this for and why does it do that? Can I turn it off?

Re: G11 in Camsoft?

Sounds completely pointless. The CamSoft Post processor needs to be edited to remove that.

Cheers
    Roger

Re: G11 in Camsoft?

Like RCaffin says, I assume the G11 is being inserted by the Post Processor, not the Camsoft Control. Or are you using AS3000? I don't use AS3000 so I don't know what it does. Anyway, you should be able to edit the post processor to remove this.

But, check your GCODE.FIL file first to see what G11 is doing. G11 may have been added for a reason. The default setting for G11 on a Camsoft Pro system is that G11 causes a DECELSTOP, which would cause the CNC to come to a complete stop before executing the next command. G11 would normally be placed before a G1, G2, or G3. It is also normally not a good idea to use G11 as it will cause your machine to stutter horribly if it is doing lots of short movements, and for normal movements, it will not make smooth transitions from one G1/G2/G3 command to the next.

But, it may have been added to solve another problem such as acceleration/deceleration or PID tuning issues. If so, then it is important to solve the problem, not use G11 as a solution. G11 is often suggested as a work around to find or solve an issue, but not as a final solution. But given that a Camsoft system is customizable, who ever set up your machine may have been using G11 to solve an issue they did not fix in the correct way.

Regards,
    Michael