584,861 active members*
5,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Need help! Repair/Service of Cerion C-Jet2 3D Laser engraving machine

Need help! Repair/Service of Cerion C-Jet2 3D Laser engraving machine

Hi everyone, glad to find an engravers' forum that seems to be alive.
    We have been in 3D crystal gifts business for 6 years and still loving it except for our total dependency on our laser machine manufacturer.
    We own a C-Jet2 from Cerion (just ONE piece so we are really dependent) and when the laser machine needs repair it costs us way too much. We have to send the machine to Germany and be out of business for weeks! The price of the laser repair is close to our monthly turnover. A new laser (according to Cerion) is even more expensive. The warranty is just 6 months.
    Our knowledge about laser types is almost non-existant. All we know about the type of laser installed in the machine comes from the tag inside it =)
    So if anyone is an expert in that field we can of course quote what the tag says )
    Our questions are:
    - is there a thread for owners of 3D subsurface engraving businesses (a.k.a. SSLE or 3D Laser or 3D Crystal Engraving)?
    - could it be cheaper to buy the laser itself directly from the laser manufacturer (we have heard that the lasers Cerion installs is Italian made but we couldn't find out the name)?
    - are there cheaper but still RELIABLE Chinese lasers that could be installed in Cerion's C-Jets?
    - what is i exactly that degrades in such lasers with time: the diodes? Can one repair the laser by replacing the diode or whatever it is that eventually degrades? Any chance we would be able to do it ourselves thus saving a lot of money?
    - are there ppl in this forum with similar machines and thus the same problems as ours? =)

Re: Need help! Repair/Service of Cerion C-Jet2 3D Laser engraving machine

Hi ..

We have the same laser in our production,
    I can understand your frustration and the repair costs when something is wrong, Im a electronic engineer and are not afraid to look at electronic and do my own repair if needed... But if our laser fails we will need to find the money for the repair at Cerion... the expertise need for this can(in my opinion) only be found at Cerion/manufacrure

To answer you questions(as to what i know)

1. No i haven't found a forum for the last 7 years we been in business.
    2. We would newer do that... the technology and the calibration of a new laser source could damage your optical components.
    3. We had a Chinese laser before we got a Cerion laser... cannot recommended that at all... a lot of problem and the Chinese service culture does not fit the Scandinavian/European expectations on service.
    4. The laser diode degrades the same way as other lights sources. Thats why you are able to adjust the power to the diode from the settings menu... have you done that ?

Du er velkomme til at kontakte mig på glasfoto punktum dk hvis du gerne vil snakke direkte :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PalleGe View Post
    Hi ..

We have the same laser in our production,
    I can understand your frustration and the repair costs when something is wrong, Im a electronic engineer and are not afraid to look at electronic and do my own repair if needed... But if our laser fails we will need to find the money for the repair at Cerion... the expertise need for this can(in my opinion) only be found at Cerion/manufacrure

To answer you questions(as to what i know)

1. No i haven't found a forum for the last 7 years we been in business.
    2. We would newer do that... the technology and the calibration of a new laser source could damage your optical components.
    3. We had a Chinese laser before we got a Cerion laser... cannot recommended that at all... a lot of problem and the Chinese service culture does not fit the Scandinavian/European expectations on service.
    4. The laser diode degrades the same way as other lights sources. Thats why you are able to adjust the power to the diode from the settings menu... have you done that ?

Du er velkomme til at kontakte mig på glasfoto punktum dk hvis du gerne vil snakke direkte :-)
    Thanks a lot/Ett stort tack for your detailed reply!
    A very nice website!
    Ours is crystalmemories punkt se
    We are always open for ideas and cooperation/samarbete =)

Hello,

I am looking to start up a new business with 3D laser crystal engraving. I am trying to understand what this will involve. You mention that you often have to send you rmachine away for repairs. How often does this happen?

Hope you can help me out

Hi :-)

These German machine are in my opinion very stable, and our primary laser has run for many years without service needs. But of course problems can occur, like with a new car also have problems..

If you need more information please write again :-)

I see. Do you have any experience with the machines from China? They are a lot cheaper for someone just starting off but I'm wondering if they are reliable and whether servicing would be manageable if needed. I really appreciate your help.

Sorry for the late reply.... We do not have the best experiences with Chinese SSLE lasers.. but maybe we where just unlucky,,,, There is money saved and maybe now the quality is a lot better that 10 years ago when we tried.
    Its always difficult when starting up to find the money for a €50-60.000 German laser.. :-)