586,009 active members*
4,855 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Mazak spindle orient to angle

This is specifically for an HCN6000 II mill. For doing things like broaching. I havn't found any mention of options for this, but if you know of one I'll look into that as well.
    Anyone use a macro program to orient the spindle to specific angles? Specifically it looks like setting SA96 then commanding M19 would work. I have a similar macro for fanuc that works this way I might try to modify if no one has any proven solutions.

Re: Mazak spindle orient to angle

SA96 will change the spindle orient position for tool changing which will not be good

Can you set your broaching tool so it is in the correct position when M19 is commanded ?

Quote Originally Posted by dpuch View Post
    This is specifically for an HCN6000 II mill. For doing things like broaching. I havn't found any mention of options for this, but if you know of one I'll look into that as well.
    Anyone use a macro program to orient the spindle to specific angles? Specifically it looks like setting SA96 then commanding M19 would work. I have a similar macro for fanuc that works this way I might try to modify if no one has any proven solutions.

Well one application is an male internal key that requires multiple rotations. So not really.
    When you say it isn't good to change SA96, apart from not restoring the correct value before a tool change are there any other issues your aware of? I have a fanuc variant that works well that also works by changing the orient value. It has the original value hard coded into the macro to always reset the value if an angle is not commanded.

I'm really just looking for a proven macro, or at least making sure this hasn't been tried and a real problem found.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynut145 View Post
    SA96 will change the spindle orient position for tool changing which will not be good

Can you set your broaching tool so it is in the correct position when M19 is commanded ?

Yes, if you can change SA96 back before a tool change it should be OK

I had a look in the manual, I can't see a system variable listed for SA96

Quote Originally Posted by dpuch View Post
    Well one application is an male internal key that requires multiple rotations. So not really.
    When you say it isn't good to change SA96, apart from not restoring the correct value before a tool change are there any other issues your aware of? I have a fanuc variant that works well that also works by changing the orient value. It has the original value hard coded into the macro to always reset the value if an angle is not commanded.

I'm really just looking for a proven macro, or at least making sure this hasn't been tried and a real problem found.