585,604 active members*
3,419 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 16M frustration

I have a robodrill alpha T10B with a Fanuc 16M controller. Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but I am new to Fanuc controllers.
    The manual I have is for the series 16-MB and the examples and process flows shown list buttons and steps that do not match up to anything I can find on my control.
    So is the 16M the same controller as the 16MB? Any suggestions where I can go to get some info or learn how to use this thing?
    Appreciate any info, very frustrating so far.
    Thanks in advance

Re: Fanuc 16M frustration

The 16MB is the "B" or second generation of the 16 control. There are also 16MA's which are the first generation. You need the operators manual for the RoboDrill. When Fanuc built the RoboDrill they added things that aren't available in the generic 16M control Fanuc sold to other machine tool builders. Methods probably has these manuals available.

Thanks Mike! appreciate it. Who is methods?

Methods Machine Tools can get you the manual. Jessica Vigneaux [email protected] I bought a 10TB earlier this year with Fanuc 16mb control and lost all the parameters. It did not have manuals. Methods had new manuals printed in Japan for me. Cost $120 for all three. Took 3 months to get them. They never did find parameters for my machine but did get close. One serial number off. It works well now. I wish the operator manual had more instructions in it, but its way better than what I started with which was nothing. My biggest issue was figuring out what buttons did what and in what order. Most things say enter edit mode. There is no button that says edit mode and nothing online that says what that is. I finally figured it out before the manual showed up. The manual would have saved me weeks of trying to figure it out. I also had never worked with a machine that had a tool changer so the manual helped me set up the offsets. That was tough to do without the manual.
    You can find the Control Manuals online for free but they are not much use without the Operators manual. The Robodrill has allot different interface than some other manufactures machine with a 16mb control. Mine did not have Super Cap (conversational control) So I don't use and of that part of it.
    They seem to be great machines. I have ran 500 parts on mine so far and it does what I tell it very well. Even will drive a tool into the vise if I tell it too. lol.

Donny

Donny-
    Thank you, I am at the trying to figure out the buttons stage........Edit mode ugh yes still trying to figure that out.
    Appreciate the info