585,705 active members*
4,511 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question G28 Question ¿ ..?

Hello to all,

I'm finishing my retrofit proyect on a Kondia B1000 cnc, we just pickup the Kflop + Kanalog combo for this project because the analog card, very helpful,
    The machine is running very fast and accurate, like a new toy, but I have a little problem with the G28:
    In the MDI line command at Kmotion CNC screen, I just type "G28" hit enter and the X Y and Z move together to machine home position.
    My previous experience with Fanuc controls, in G28 command to finish the work, I always specified the axis to move like:

G28 Z0.
    G28 X0. Y0.

So first clear the Z axis from the part, an then the other axis, and some times when me table is to big to wait the movement, i skip the G28 on X and Y axis.
    And most of the CAM software trows separate commands to home the axis.

Any suggestions on how to change 28 behavior, or I missing someting here.

Thanks.

Boris Borda

Re: G28 Question ¿ ..?

Hi Bordaco,

G28 first moves to the specified position and then moves to the defined Reference position (normally X0Y0Z0). So yes either "G28" or "G28 Z0" will result in the final XYZ position to be at Reference.

To just move Z to machine 0 you should be able to use

G53 G0 Z0

Does that work for you?

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bordaco View Post
    Hello to all,

I'm finishing my retrofit proyect on a Kondia B1000 cnc, we just pickup the Kflop + Kanalog combo for this project because the analog card, very helpful,
    The machine is running very fast and accurate, like a new toy, but I have a little problem with the G28:
    In the MDI line command at Kmotion CNC screen, I just type "G28" hit enter and the X Y and Z move together to machine home position.
    My previous experience with Fanuc controls, in G28 command to finish the work, I always specified the axis to move like:

G28 Z0.
    G28 X0. Y0.

So first clear the Z axis from the part, an then the other axis, and some times when me table is to big to wait the movement, i skip the G28 on X and Y axis.
    And most of the CAM software trows separate commands to home the axis.

Any suggestions on how to change 28 behavior, or I missing someting here.

Thanks.

Boris Borda
    Why use G28 at all

G0Z0. ( or where you want it to go )
    G53X------Y-------
    M5
    M30
    Mactec54

Thanks for the reply, and yes all your advice's are valid, but that means that i have to edit the post-processor in the cam soft.
    I was looking to use the standard FANUC metric 3 axis post that i was using on all our fanuc machines, (3M, 11M, 0M).

Thanks.