585,883 active members*
5,246 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

THC Proma or a Price AVHC10

Hi in the process of building my plasma machine, and ive been looking for a THC. my budget is about 300$ and i dont want any more Chinese trash ....lol thats another storie.

anyway i have narrowed it down to a Proma THC SD Compact THC SD ( Proma - Elektronika Step/Dir Generator ) Torch Hight Controller | eBay to which i can find all sorts of info on, but i do not like its design as it needs to be mounted within a few feet of the plasma cutter, and i just dont like its interface.

OR

the one im leaning towards.... a Price AVHC10 http://www.pricecnc.com/product-page but cannot seem to find much, if anything out there regarding any problems, reviews, ect. but i like its interface and it looks like it will work very well.

opinions? any other 300$ budget controllers that have good reviews?

thanks

Re: THC Proma or a Price AVHC10

For a Windows MACh3 build, the MP2500 is a combo Ethernet Breakout and High speed Digital Torch Height control (DTHCIV) . Its outside your 300 budget for just a THC but it adds the motion control via Ethernet and drives any backend up to 5 axis that takes step & dir signals (i.e. G540Gecko , etc) . The MP3600 is the same thing but for LINUX and comes with a PC with the programs loaded.
    https://www.candcnc.com/product-cate...mp3000-series/

For a budget control made in the USA for MACH (only) look a the LCTHC at CNCElectronics. it has a separate sensor card at the plasma and the control head can be 25 ft away. For one with a fee more features see the THC302DVP