Hi everyone, first post but I've been lurking around for a while and enjoy reading on the forums here.
I'm in the process of disassembling an old (circa 1997) HSD ES919 spindle to clean it up and rebuild it. I've managed to get the spindle shaft with the bearings attached out of the spindle body as per the manual for changing the shaft kit but am not sure of the best way to proceed from here...
This spindle is very well made and so far there has been a relatively simple process for removing each component. I'm sure there is an equally well thought out method for removing the bearings but it isn't documented in the standard manual.
Does anyone have any experience with these spindles and how to proceed from this point?
The only things I can notice are an Allen key slot in the top of the spring retaining piece and a similar slot inside the top of the taper. As well as some points on the external part of the taper which line up with the outside flange that could be used to unscrew something's at that end...
I have included some photos of the shaft as sits and any help would be very much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk