585,753 active members*
3,826 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > I learn something new every day.

I learn something new every day.

I had been havng troubles with editing large programs. My machine sometimes doesn't do the tool change quick enough or sometimes the power blinks. So I would have to edit these large programs to remove what has already run in order to start from where it was at. I had never known how to select code and drag the slider to the top of the program to select all of this quickly.

Today I figured it out. Just start highlighting the code, hold down the shift key and then drag the slider to the top of the program.

I can't tell you haw many time I spent several minutes, wiggling, my mouse at the top of the screen to get it to scroll up the program faster.

I feel pretty silly now though for never having tried this before. Maybe I can save someone else some trouble in the future.

Jim

Thanks, lol, I felt too stupid to ask...(nuts)
    EXIT 85 Manufacturing "The best custom wheels, period" (www.exit85.com)
    Experts in low volume, highly complicated, one-off forged aluminum wheels

Quote Originally Posted by AMCjeepCJ View Post
    Thanks, lol, I felt too stupid to ask...(nuts)

Don't feel that way. We all started someplace and it is IMPOSSIBLE to KNOW EVERYTHING!!!! I see guys all the time afraid to ask questions like people will think they are stupid. It is always best to ask IMO. Others that criticize you for asking a question usually have no clue themselves. Hence......they try to make you feel the way they do.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

"only stupid question is one not asked"
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

Maybe I should have said I was too stupid to ask... I had wondered how to do that but it never crossed my mind to ask somebody... But if you want to see stupid, check out my 130th post where I stuck a pair of pliers into my eye Sunday... Now that WAS stupid... Don't ever take your glasses off!!
    EXIT 85 Manufacturing "The best custom wheels, period" (www.exit85.com)
    Experts in low volume, highly complicated, one-off forged aluminum wheels

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Don't feel that way. We all started someplace and it is IMPOSSIBLE to KNOW EVERYTHING!!!! I see guys all the time afraid to ask questions like people will think they are stupid. It is always best to ask IMO. Others that criticize you for asking a question usually have no clue themselves. Hence......they try to make you feel the way they do.
    :withstupi (I only used that emoticon as there isn't one for :iagree: Toby)
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    :withstupi (I only used that emoticon as there isn't one for :iagree: Toby)
    LOL:withstupi Yea, so do I.

Where have you been??? Haven't seen you around in a while. It's nice to see you again.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com