584,837 active members*
5,567 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help on the rotary attachment

Im trying to use the rotary attachment and using RD Works v8, I have a 60 watt co2 laser cutter, the machine has an input for the rotary attachment but it seems that the attachment does not work properly, it may be some settings adjustments, i checked a youtube video on how to modify the parameters for the XYZU now the machine is not calibrated and i cant seem to get it fixed.

any help or advice can do me a huge favor.

thanks in advance.

Re: Help on the rotary attachment

Quote Originally Posted by JS1025 View Post
    Im trying to use the rotary attachment and using RD Works v8, I have a 60 watt co2 laser cutter, the machine has an input for the rotary attachment but it seems that the attachment does not work properly, it may be some settings adjustments, i checked a youtube video on how to modify the parameters for the XYZU now the machine is not calibrated and i cant seem to get it fixed.

any help or advice can do me a huge favor.

thanks in advance.
    Could you be a little more specific with the "does not work properly" statement. What does it do. if anything?

Are you sure the wiring attached to the specific port for the rotary attachment is actually connected to the Y stepper controller? On my red and black machine, when you open the side door and look down at the axis controllers you will find an extra plug. That plug has wiring that runs up to the port for the rotary attachment. You have to disconnect the Y axis' stepper motor from the controller and plug in the wiring for the rotary attachment.
    "80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui 7050 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)

Thank you for the information, but now my problem is; when I set the parameters for X and Y on the RD Work 8 program it process fine, but on the actual machine it dose not process the information.
    Example if I program the X axis to 700mm and the Y axis to 560mm. on the program it records fine but on the machine X is @ 10000mm and Y is @ 10000mm so the laser head is going to bounce on the sides.
    Can you help me with this problem.