584,830 active members*
5,379 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 19 of 29 91718192021

Re: Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Finding_NEMA View Post
    No problem Dan, I can live with this workaround. Your plugin is wonderful, it helps us UCCNC users a lot! :cheers:

A more serious problem ist that UCCNC (which I like very much) comes out with new releases every few weeks. So I always have to set it up again (axxis, spindle, general, IO, plugins etc.) while overwriting the config file with a fresh one is recommended by the setup procedure. Then, testing if plugins and stuff still work. If not, fallback to the previous working version via backup. I still will do this for a while, then I will stay with the current working state and leave it how it is. Like most of us, I only use the basic functions (which work great) and am not interested in new xyzblabla stuff. Just my 2 or 3 cent.
    They come out with new releases with every few months only.
    Maybe you talking about their beta/test releases posted on the forum, those are more frequent.
    I did upgrade my machine a few times, never overwritten the profile and it always worked without issues.
    You might misunderstood the setup instructions. it only says that profile overwrite is recommended when skipping a major version of the software, not always.
    The instructions copied for you:

Migrating from version 1.0xxx to 1.1xxx, 1.0xxx to 1.2xxx or 1.1xxx to 1.2xxx

Using an older major-version machine profile with a newer major software version is not recommended, we advice to create a new machine profile with the new major-version release when starting the work with the new software version. Also because there are many differences between the different major-versions of the software we advice to first install the new version into a different folder on the computer keeping the old version alive until the new version will be setup and running.

Like most of us, I only use the basic functions (which work great) and am not interested in new xyzblabla stuff. Just my 2 or 3 cent.

Then stick with the version on their website. Once you start using a test version, you kinda need to keep updating them until it's a full release.

A little tip. Don't use the default profile, create a new one. Then when you install a new version, you're settings won't change.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by Finding_NEMA View Post
    A more serious problem ist that UCCNC (which I like very much) comes out with new releases every few weeks. So I always have to set it up again (axxis, spindle, general, IO, plugins etc.) while overwriting the config file with a fresh one is recommended by the setup procedure. Then, testing if plugins and stuff still work. If not, fallback to the previous working version via backup. I still will do this for a while, then I will stay with the current working state and leave it how it is. Like most of us, I only use the basic functions (which work great) and am not interested in new xyzblabla stuff. Just my 2 or 3 cent.
    I understand your frustration... that's what I also felt initially.

The way I am doing installations now is that every time I want to install a new release I just install it in a new, empty folder, which gives a default installation, but I don't start UCCNC at this moment. After installation I copy the Defaultscreenset.ssf file from the Screens, the Default.pro file and the whole Macro_Default folder contents from the Profiles folder as well as the contents of my own screen bitmap files from the previous installation and paste them into the same folders in the new installation, overwriting the default installation with these. Of course, also the UCCNClicense_XXXXXX.txt file is necessary to copy into the newly installed folder otherwise UCCNC will start in demo mode only.

It takes about a minute to do it, so I am no longer frustrated, however, I agree that an automatic import of settings should be included in the installation options. It should be pretty easy to implement, and add as an option, or if there would be compatibility issues because of major release change, it could just reject the import with a message to the user. Anyway, for now, there is no need to configure every time, just once and the following of what I am doing after that.

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Once you start using a test version, you kinda need to keep updating them until it's a full release.
    Not necessarily. If a new test release does not contain anything I am interested in I won't install it. If the next, or a later test release contains something I need or want then I install it. Skipping a test release is not an issue, next installation will of course contain everything since the last installation, but you really don't need to keep on installing every one every time a new is released. Every release is a full release, with a few exception, when only the UCCNC.exe is changed and in that case you just replace the previous one with the new one.

I am using the UCCNC 2017 screen set and am trying to get the HY12 plugin to work. Currently, when I press the M3 button on UCCNC, the RPM stops flashing on the VFD but nothing happens.
    -I do not have any other plugins running.
    -I have the COM port and baud rate set according to what is displayed in the device manager
    -I have double verified that all the settings are correct in the VFD
    -The RPM id has been changed from 870 to 2451
    -A macroloop has been set to 1092 (edit - I just noticed that there is an M1092 file. Does this need to be added to the macro folder? I am assuming that I need to change all of the COM settings in that file to the COM port that I am actually using?)
    -PWM is checked in the spindle settings
    -Pulleys is unchecked
    -The plugin has been configured while in the 2017 screenset
    -The HY12.dll file is in the plugin folder

Am I missing any troubleshooting? Thanks for the help!

Hi nates02gt,

HY12 does not require any macro's. Please try when UCCNC loads....set a frequency/RPM or press the plus sign for spindle override, than press M3 button. If spindle starts and plugin starts working properly please report back.

Also make sure "call startup" and Enabled is checked in UCCNC plugin configure

Thanks,
    Dan

Dan,
    Thanks for the quick reply! I do not see a way to set a frequency or override a frequency with the 2017 screenset. I did set the min speed to 8k as you suggested in an earlier post.

Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Hi nates02gt,

HY12 does not require any macro's. Please try when UCCNC loads....set a frequency/RPM or press the plus sign for spindle override, than press M3 button. If spindle starts and plugin starts working properly please report back.

Also make sure "call startup" and Enabled is checked in UCCNC plugin configure

Thanks,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by nates02gt View Post
    Dan,
    Thanks for the quick reply! I do not see a way to set a frequency or override a frequency with the 2017 screenset. I did set the min speed to 8k as you suggested in an earlier post.

Nate
    Sorry, what I meant by setting a frequency is change the RPM. The plugin will covert this to a frequency and send to your HY VFD.

Below is a pic of the slide bar used for spindle override.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017 override.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	366650

Am I missing any troubleshooting? Thanks for the help!
    I was having the same problem yesterday.
    Biggest mistake was UCCNC version. I was 1.2037.
    Upgraded to 041, and got my copy of default profile working. Works like a charm.
    My 2017 profile doesn't. I'm sure I bungled it up trying to get it to work last night.
    However, a fresh install of 2017, and then a profile copied from the working profile still will not start the spindle. I'm done for the day, but watching with interest....

Quote Originally Posted by S1nned View Post
    I was having the same problem yesterday.
    Biggest mistake was UCCNC version. I was 1.2037.
    Upgraded to 041, and got my copy of default profile working. Works like a charm.
    My 2017 profile doesn't. I'm sure I bungled it up trying to get it to work last night.
    However, a fresh install of 2017, and then a profile copied from the working profile still will not start the spindle. I'm done for the day, but watching with interest....
    With 2017 screenset you must go to screen edit and change the RPM field label # from 870 to 2451.

Also you need to go back to HY12 configure and set up plugin per instructions like you did for default screen. The HY12 plugin saves it's settings in .pro file of profile being used. You will need to do this for any new profile created.

Dan

I had played with that slider a bit and nothing happened. I am using v1.0239 UCCNC and HY12.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Sorry, what I meant by setting a frequency is change the RPM. The plugin will covert this to a frequency and send to your HY VFD.

Below is a pic of the slide bar used for spindle override.

I checked the RPM setting again and it had reverted back to 870. I changed it to 2451 and then was able to get the spindle to turn on. It would not change speed though and I had to use the STOP button on the VFD to turn it off. After that I was not able to get the spindle to turn on through UCCNC. I restarted UCCNC as well as the computer. Each time I restart UCCNC, the RPM setting reverts back to 870. I pressed the Apply settings buttons as well as the Save Settings button in the Settings tab. I reprogrammed the VFD to use the controls on the VFD for now.

I went out to check mine, again, because i know i set both of those. However, this is the first time I've messed with this, and was doing it wrong. After changing the RPM field to 2451 and clicking apply, i was unaware that the correct way to save the the setting was on the file tab in the editor. After changing it 4 times and it not taking effect, I dug a little deeper and figured it out. thanks for your patience and help, and most of all, making this plugin in the first place.
    All i had to do was make sure I hit the "Save Screenset" button on the file tab after editing the labelnumber field to 2451.

Nate, ive opened and closed UCCNC 4 or 5 times now, and it continues to work. I think we were having the same issue. See my post above, and i hope it works for you.

Sorry guys. I removed this from instructions since it was no longer needed for default screen. I will post new setup instructions that will include setup for 2017 screenset.

use this for now for 2017 screenset:

11. Goto CONFIGURATION / GENERAL SETTINGS / Edit screen. Go to your run screen (Shift + run), click on your on RPM field, choose "Selection tab"

and change the labelnumber from "870" to 2451, than click apply settings, click on File tab on top of window and click "Save screenset".

The curious thing now is that since I got the spindle to turn on through UCCNC that one time and ended up having to turn it off with the STOP button on the VFD, the display on the VFD does not stop flashing any longer when I press the M3 button on the UCCNC screen set. I tried using different USB ports and changing the COM settings each time and that did not make any difference. The good news is that the '2451' setting is staying set now.

Anytime you make a change in the HY12 configuration UCCNC needs to be shut down and restarted so settings could be saved and read on start up.

The Huanyang VFD will continue to flash until spindle is turned on, this will also depend on what you have VFD set to display. If you are still having trouble connecting to VFD upload your .pro file and I will have a look to confirm your settings.

Dan

The curious thing now is that since I got the spindle to turn on through UCCNC that one time and ended up having to turn it off with the STOP button on the VFD, the display on the VFD does not stop flashing any longer when I press the M3 button on the UCCNC screen set. I tried using different USB ports and changing the COM settings each time and that did not make any difference. The good news is that the '2451' setting is staying set now.
    This is the same problem im having did you find a solution
    waiting for a new rs to usb so i can rule that out at the moment

Thanks andrew

Quote Originally Posted by andrewbishop66 View Post
    This is the same problem im having did you find a solution
    waiting for a new rs to usb so i can rule that out at the moment

Thanks andrew
    Hi Andrew,

I'm assuming he sorted out his problem since most only post when they have one. My guess is it was his RS-485. There are few in this thread I tried to help and that ended up being the cause. Some RS-485 dead out of box or worked on/off intermittently.

In the UCCNC forum you posted this....

Now there is no change in the data log at all

What do you mean when you say no change??

Are you seeing a continuous string like this with serial monitor?

[07/11/2017 07:36:15] Written data
    01 01 03 8e 00 00 5c 65

01 01 03 8e 00 00 5c 65

01 01 03 8e 00 00 5c 65

etc......

This is a read string (01) plugin sends out and if no reply from VFD plugin wont start. This tells me plugin is working and VFD not replying. If all was good there will be a "Read data" and string after each written data. Since you already downloaded Serial monitor this is a sure way of seeing if Usb RS-485/communication is the problem.

Dan

Hi Dan

01 01 03 8e 00 00 5c 65

01 01 03 8e 00 00 5c 65

01 01 03 8e 00 00 5c 65

Thats exactly what im getting

when i scoped the data lines with the pico scope which i can set to decode the rs485 there wasn't any data on the line even though the serial monitor was showing that it was transmitting
    and this was the same for both my computers running different software versions including a fresh install

when the spindle ran the one time data showed in the serial data logger

New rs to usbs turned up today so hope to try later and post results

Thanks for your help so far Dan

Andrew

Page 19 of 29 91718192021