585,597 active members*
3,596 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 29 1234513

Re: Hunayang VFD Macro

That never crossed my mind. No setting your min and max rpm to 8000 - 24000 wont help. Its still going send 133.33 to 400 to VFD. If you don't mind I would like to have a little fun with this. If your max rpm is 2500 what's your minimum?
    and using Mach3 with plugin what does the frequency read on your VFD with max rpm and min RPM?

Please answer me in the Huanyang Macro Thread, were hijacking zymurgy42 thread...lol The link is below
    Not a problem Dan, I'm only to happy to give you any info I can, after all, it's me that's asking for help.
    I normally run my mill at 2000rpm, and I can go down to 400rpm. I don't really know if this is a frequency reading or not but, when I am running at 2000rpm, the readout on the VFD gives me 1999, 400rpm gives me 399, 2500 gives me 2499 etc etc.

Hope this helps ! My buddy who done all the electronics is working away at the moment, or I could possibly have given you more relevant info.

Quote Originally Posted by needleworks View Post
    Not a problem Dan, I'm only to happy to give you any info I can, after all, it's me that's asking for help.
    I normally run my mill at 2000rpm, and I can go down to 400rpm. I don't really know if this is a frequency reading or not but, when I am running at 2000rpm, the readout on the VFD gives me 1999, 400rpm gives me 399, 2500 gives me 2499 etc etc.

Hope this helps ! My buddy who done all the electronics is working away at the moment, or I could possibly have given you more relevant info.
    What your VFD is set to display is your RPM (Rott LED on), the Huanyang VFD has a lot more info to offer, such as output AMPS, temperature, counter, etc,etc. If you press the shift key on your VFD(>>) you can scroll through the LEDS to display it. If you scroll to have the" HZ" Led light on this will display the frequency the VFD is outputting. If I knew the outputting frequency on your min and max RPM I would be able to calculate and modify the plugin to work for you.

Right now the plugin is set for Chinese spindles which is 50HZ = 3000.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    What your VFD is set to display is your RPM (Rott LED on), the Huanyang VFD has a lot more info to offer, such as output AMPS, temperature, counter, etc,etc. If you press the shift key on your VFD(>>) you can scroll through the LEDS to display it. If you scroll to have the" HZ" Led light on this will display the frequency the VFD is outputting. If I knew the outputting frequency on your min and max RPM I would be able to calculate and modify the plugin to work for you.

Right now the plugin is set for Chinese spindles which is 50HZ = 3000.

Dan
    Ok, no problem, I'll certainly have a look at that, Ok, hopefully these are the HZ readings ?

At 400rpm > 13.88 at 2000rpm > 69.44 at 2200rpm > 76.38

Thanks again for your help Dan, much appreciated

Right now the plugin is set for Chinese spindles which is 50HZ = 3000.Dan
    I don't think the spindle would be very happy using a 50Hz setting, 50Hz could never = 3000, if 50Hz is written in the plugin then it has no meaning only the number 3000 is active

50Hz=1440 standard Ac motor at 50Hz= 1440 RPM

400Hz=3000 Chinese Spindle at 24,000 RPM
    Mactec54

3000rpm @ 50hz

24000/3000 = 8

8 * 50hz = 400hz

Quote Originally Posted by needleworks View Post
    Ok, no problem, I'll certainly have a look at that, Ok, hopefully these are the HZ readings ?

At 400rpm > 13.88 at 2000rpm > 69.44 at 2200rpm > 76.38

Thanks again for your help Dan, much appreciated
    Hey needleworks, let me know how this works. It wont set anything below 400rpm, if you want that removed let me know. It will set any RPM higher so be careful. Remember to change min and max in UCCNC from 8000min 24000max to 400rpm to 2200rpm.

The settings are based on the frequency's you provided above.

Dan

Attachment 346412

I left a debugging window that will pop up with hex frequency. I removed it and replaced with Needles2 zip. Don't know if you already downloaded first 1

Hey needleworks, let me know how this works. It wont set anything below 400rpm, if you want that removed let me know. It will set any RPM higher so be careful. Remember to change min and max in UCCNC from 8000min 24000max to 400rpm to 2200rpm.

The settings are based on the frequency's you provided above.

Dan

Attachment 346412
    Dan, you are an absolute star :wave: My mill is now working a treat ! It`s snowing heavy over here and very cold, so I only gave it a quick check but everything seems to be working fine now.

Once again, many thanks for helping me out.

Happy its working for you, Vmax549 written that frequency and crc check all I did was edit it to work for your mill.

For the few that downloaded and using this plugin I have an updated version.

HYPLUGIN version I.0002

1. Lowered the minimum frequency setting from 8000rpm to 6000rpm
    2. Spindle speed override wasn't working and fixed.

HY2.zip

HYPLUGIN UPDATED VERSION 1.0003

I have another update for this very popular plugin...LOL

You can now control any spindle/motor through UNCCNC with a Huanyang VFD, cheap RS/485 converter and this plugin. Set up instructions included in zip.

Attachment 346970

HYPLUGIN version I.0003

1. Added Frequency and RPM set up to control any spindle/motor.( Notice for geared/pulley motors, the RPM is for motor. implementing pulley ratio conversions in later version.

HYPLUGIN version I.0002

I see there's a few that downloaded this plugin so I'm updating with a newer version I been using. I posted before that I would be adding actual RPM with the plugin, but once I learned its not possible to have actual RPM with this VFD or any other I decided against it, I thought it was such a waste of resources for the VFD and UCCNC. What I liked most of this plugin over the Mach3 plugins is the immediate response of the VFD and didn't want to jeopardize that.

I did have an issue though when using spindle override, I wasn't able to see the RPM I was running just the +- %, so I added spindle RPM to "Sact" field for spindle override. You will have to change the field # from 870 to 2050 in screen edit. Instructions are included in zip file.

Attachment 348022

HYPLUGIN version I.0004

1. Added RPM for spindle override. (See instructions in Zip file).

2. Fixed minor bug with spindle override.

3. Fixed misprint in config window that referenced PD005 to PD004.

HYPLUGIN version I.0003

1. Added Frequency and RPM set up to control any spindle/motor.( Notice for geared/pulley motors, the RPM is for motor. implementing pulley ratio conversions in later version.

HYPLUGIN version I.0002

Re: Hunayang Plugin

The last 2 zip files I posted were the wrong files and didn't realize it until tonight. (1.0003 and 1.0004) When saved from Visual Studios to a folder and locating with WinZip I was choosing from the wrong folder. I apologize for any inconvenience and troubles this my have caused, I cannot delete them but I'm posting the correct file below.

Attachment 348264

Hey Dan,

first of all, thanks for all the work you put into this. Its greatly appriciated.
    Sadly ive come across a problem though.
    The plugin causes UCCNC to crash on my machine after a few random seconds or when i execute an m3.
    I dont get any error message aside from the usual "uccnc stopped working".

The mach3 vfd plugin works fine, aswell as spindle talker.
    Maybe you can give me a hint on how to fix this.

UCCNC 1.2029
    Asrock AM1B-ITX
    Athlon 5350
    4 gigs of ram
    Windows 7 sp2 with all available updates

regards
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Kelevra83 View Post
    Hey Dan,

first of all, thanks for all the work you put into this. Its greatly appriciated.
    Sadly ive come across a problem though.
    The plugin causes UCCNC to crash on my machine after a few random seconds or when i execute an m3.
    I dont get any error message aside from the usual "uccnc stopped working".

The mach3 vfd plugin works fine, aswell as spindle talker.
    Maybe you can give me a hint on how to fix this.

UCCNC 1.2029
    Asrock AM1B-ITX
    Athlon 5350
    4 gigs of ram
    Windows 7 sp2 with all available updates

regards
    Patrick
    Which motion controller are you using? I suspect the crash is caused by something else, not the plugin. Perhaps noise. What happens if you start and control the spindle manually using the control panel, without the plugin? Is everything OK in that case?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Which motion controller are you using? I suspect the crash is caused by something else, not the plugin. Perhaps noise. What happens if you start and control the spindle manually using the control panel, without the plugin? Is everything OK in that case?
    Yes it works fine so far. Ive been using uccnc with spindle talker in combination for quite a while now, at least half a year or more.
    Ive never had any issues with noise e.t.c.
    The controller i'm using is the 400ETH.

regards

Yes it works fine so far. Ive been using uccnc with spindle talker in combination for quite a while now, at least half a year or more.

regards
    Since your using Spindle Talker I'm going assume your using a typical Chinese spindle, and since your able to run spindle with Spindle Talker we can eliminate noise. Do make sure you have latest version of UCCNC, I never tested on any version lower than 1.2029. This sounds like a settings issue, did you go to the configure window and set up per instructions? Are you getting a connected window on start up? Make sure your pulley checkbox in spindle set up in UCCNC is unchecked.

I'm going to post a newer version, it's really the same Plugin but the pulley system is implemented. My reason for prematurely releasing is that it retains settings in use to view when you go back to the configure window. Once loaded and restarted confirm it is properly set up with com port, baud rate, max frequency and max RPM. Make sure pulley system is unchecked.

Dan

Attachment 349512

Since your using Spindle Talker I'm going assume your using a typical Chinese spindle, and since your able to run spindle with Spindle Talker we can eliminate noise. Do make sure you have latest version of UCCNC, I never tested on any version lower than 1.2029. This sounds like a settings issue, did you go to the configure window and set up per instructions? Are you getting a connected window on start up? Make sure your pulley checkbox in spindle set up in UCCNC is unchecked.

I'm going to post a newer version, it's really the same Plugin but the pulley system is implemented. My reason for prematurely releasing is that it retains settings in use to view when you go back to the configure window. Once loaded and restarted confirm it is properly set up with com port, baud rate, max frequency and max RPM. Make sure pulley system is unchecked.

Dan

Attachment 349512
    Hey Dan, thanks for the reply.

I'm using 1.2029.
    Yes i've set it up according to instructions and i am getting a connection confirmation on startup.
    But still it just crashes the whole program. This counts for the 1.0006 version aswell.
    I'm going to fiddle with my system settings a little to see if it makes any difference.

regards

regards
    OK. Than I have no more ideas, other than what's said on CNCDRIVE forum by Balázs, could it be a missing culture info? Which version of UCCNC are you using?

Edit: I see now that you are using 1.2029. In that release the culture info is not handled, so unless you are running a US version of Windows you may have problems. Download and install 1.2031 or 1.2032, in those releases it is fixed.

Hey Dan, thanks for the reply.

I'm using 1.2029.
    Yes i've set it up according to instructions and i am getting a connection confirmation on startup.
    But still it just crashes the whole program. This counts for the 1.0006 version aswell.
    I'm going to fiddle with my system settings a little to see if it makes any difference.

regards
    Let me know if this fixes your problem otherwise DL newer version, it has to be the culture info like Balázs suggested and A_Camera warned about earlier in the macro stages. I thought it was addressed in version 1.2029.

Attachment 349548

Dan

Page 3 of 29 1234513