584,863 active members*
4,907 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 5 of 29 3456715

Re: Hunayang VFD Macro

Hi Dan , What I was relating to is IF there was a way to feed pulses from teh VFD into teh index signal input of UCCNC then you would have a direct readout of the atcual rpm and NOT have to use a special DRO to display it. That way you would NOT have to monkey with a screenset (;-)

It could also be used to create a Cruise control so that IF teh RPM dropped below a certain % of Set RPM then UCcnc could lower the feedrate to allow the spindle to catchup or at least to maintain. Once teh RPM catches up then go back to 100% FRO.

I had done this long ago with Mach3 and it worked very well for a router.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    Hi Dan , What I was relating to is IF there was a way to feed pulses from teh VFD into teh index signal input of UCCNC then you would have a direct readout of the atcual rpm and NOT have to use a special DRO to display it. That way you would NOT have to monkey with a screenset (;-)

It could also be used to create a Cruise control so that IF teh RPM dropped below a certain % of Set RPM then UCcnc could lower the feedrate to allow the spindle to catchup or at least to maintain. Once teh RPM catches up then go back to 100% FRO.

I had done this long ago with Mach3 and it worked very well for a router.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
    I was halfway through writing another essay when the light bulb came over my head and understood what you were asking/suggesting . I know all of HY read function commands and don't think this is possible, but Its late with a few glasses of wine and definitely worth taking a deeper look with a clearer head.

Thanks,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    I was halfway through writing another essay when the light bulb came over my head and understood what you were asking/suggesting . I know all of HY read function commands and don't think this is possible, but Its late with a few glasses of wine and definitely worth taking a deeper look with a clearer head.

Thanks,
    Dan
    To detect the actual RPM you must have a feedback from the spindle, not the VFD. The spindle can spin slower even if the VFD outputs the right frequency. VFD never shows the real RPM, only the calculated RPM based on the output frequency, so what vmax says is not possible unless you have feedback from the spindle.

Current measurement is possible, SVC drivers measure the spindle current, and an increased current indicates dropped RPM in which case the VFD can compensate for that drop and increase the RPM back to the set one. My VFD is SVC type but have had no time experimenting with it, just that I know it is pretty good at keeping a constant speed with variable load. I have not checked if the RPM reported by the VFD is the real RPM or just a simple calculated RPM based on the frequency, but since it measures the current it should be fairly easy for the VFD to give a pretty real picture of the RPM. I think SVC is the way to go, not manipulation of feed rate in UCCNC. SVC drivers are pretty cheap today and they are really very good.

Ok...I think this went a little off topic although some very good info.

I created a user input field in the HYPLUGIN8 set up to use what ever labelnumber they choose for the plugin to write to for Sact field. Of course they will have to change the labelnumber(870) for Sact field to match whatever they input in this field. Hopefully this will help avoid conflicts with users other macro's, screensets and future UCCNC versions.

My question is is there a way to manipulate UCCNC to output the RPM with using its existing labelnumber(870) with just using the RS485 connection. This is what I interpreted what TP was suggesting.

It does not need to an output from teh RS485 side it could be a digital AUX output that could be feed to UCCNC. I did notice there was a Freq output possible on one of the aux outputs ?? Would that be for actual rpm or something else ??

(;-) TP

Sorry TP its just not clicking in for me, when I say using RS485 what I mean is writing to VFD and using information it provides to feed UCCNC.

If you can answer this one question for me it may help make things clearer to me. I can not write to the Sact field (870) because UCCNC will continually write over it.

Where and what data is UCCNC using to write in the Sact field(870) ?

Dan

I think it uses the index signal?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Hey bs85,

This is the second time I heard of it not showing up in the plugin list and a little confused why, no trouble on my end. Try the version below, you will have to input your labelnumber for your Sact field in the configuration set up. Please let me know if this works for you, ver 1.0006 uses a lot of unnecessary CPU usage.

Attachment 350450
    Hi Dan,

This version loaded.

Thanks Brian

Thank you Gerry, I think the editable Sact field is going to do for now. Great Idea!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by bs85 View Post
    Hi Dan,

This version loaded.

Thanks Brian
    I thought it would, I found a glitch that for some reason didn't effect me but obviously can effect others.

Thanks for replying back,
    Dan

Anyone who downloaded and using this plugin it is strongly recommended that you use this latest version below 1.0008. Its the same version as I posted for bs85 except zip includes set up instructions.

HYPLUGIN8.zip

Hello everyone, I have another updated HYPlugin. I do thoroughly test before I post but have to admit I didn't with the updated editable Sact field. I missed one of the error checking methods that uses this field and was causing the frequency to be continually sent to VFD. Not a biggie but wouldn't be running as efficient as it should.

This should be final version unless some1 reports a bug.

Attachment 350666

HYPLUGIN Updated To 9.4

Some issues were reported and were fixed, list below.

1. Some with non US windows may have experienced problems.

2. If user mistakenly inputs improper characters in the Min and Max RPM text boxes it could cause it to corrupt the UCCNC Pro file.

Download here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Attachment 354422

Re: HYPLUGIN Updated To 9.4

A necessary step was NOT added to the set up instructions included with the HYPLUNGIN94 zip file.

In UCCNC spindle set up(CONFIGURATION/AXIS SETUP/SPINDLE) you must check "PWM spindle" and than Apply/Save and restart UCCNC.

Dan

Re: HYPLUGIN Updated To 9.4

Hi Dan,
    Thank you so much for your amazing work getting this plugin working. It is just what I need and I have been with you since it was a mere Macro!.

I am having an issue though with the spindle continuing to run after 'Cycle Stop' or 'Reset' is pressed. I'm using Gerry's 2017 screen and the machine stops and the M3 led goes out on triggering a reset or stop, but the spindle keeps running.

Its a bit scary as the reset has to be overidden before I can stop the spindle which takes time and the cutter remains buried in the workpiece. To switch off the spindle afterwards it needs me to press the M3 button to light the led again and then press to switch it off again (sometimes twice!). It does respond to an M5 on the MDI as well.

I think what should happen is that the spindle should stop and then return to safe z

I've updated uccnc from 1.2032 to 1.2035 and updated the plugin to 9.4 but the problem is still there.

I've just tried it with the standard screenset on the default profile before sending this and I have the same problem but have also found out I can close uccnc completely and the spindle keeps going!

Any light you can shed on this would be much appreciated as it has scared the Bejeezuz out of me a couple of times this week! No one else seems to have mentioned this so I am hoping it is somehow down to me being a big idiot as usual

Iain

Hi Dan,
    Please ignore the previous post as my problem was indeed caused by me being a big idiot! (as suspected)

I had put the last 2 versions of the plugin in the main uccnc folder and not the plugin folder so was running an older version.

In addition I had not properly saved the Sact button settings after editing. I had applied the change but not saved the screenset on the file tab in the screen editor and instead had applied and saved on the uccnc settings screen.This seems to have caused all my problems and is all there in the instructions.

All is well with world again as the spindle now stops ok (it still doesn't go to safe z but I will leave that for another day!)

Hopefully all this self inflicted nonsense may help someone as daft as me!

Thank you once again for all your hard work Dan (and others)

Iain

Hi Iain,

I'm glad your back up and running and really appreciate you stopping back and updating your status. I'm sure if you post on the 2017 screenset thread ger21 will help you get your safe Z settings correct.

Thanks again,
    Dan

Re: HYPLUGIN95 Update

I originally set out to update for the 2017 screenset due to it uses a slider for spindle override and not the "+" and "-" buttons like in the default screenset. The plugin monitored these buttons and my have caused the response to be sluggish without them. I've rewritten and fixed along with tweaking many other settings and anyone regardless of screenset will see a big improvement with this version.

Download>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HY95.rar.zip

Dan, I found a bug. Seems like it's caused by UCCNC though, and not the plugin?

I go to Configure Plugins, and check Call Startup, and Enabled for the HYPLUGIN95.
    Close the plugin window, and close and restart UCCNC.

Go to Configure Plugins, and Uncheck those two boxes.
    Close the plugin window, and close and restart UCCNC.

I get a message that my profile has a syntax error, and it will no longer load.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

This is the second time reading of this, first in cncdrive forum and thought it was fixed. The plugin writes min and max RPM to pro file on closing...I set the HYPLUGIN SetUp window to not allow these fields to be left empty and only allow 0-9 digits. Thought this was the cause and fix.

Here's the code:

public void Shutdown_event()

{
    try
    {

UC.Writekey("Spindlesetupsettings", "Spindleminvelocity", Properties.Settings.Default.minrpm); //Save min rpm to pro file
    UC.Writekey("Spindlesetupsettings", "Spindlemaxvelocity", Properties.Settings.Default.maxrpm); //Save max rpm to pro file

}

catch (Exception) { }
    }
    This was implemented for more of a convenience to user and not needed by plugin. If I'm not able to determine the cause and why at times it's corrupting the pro file I'm just going to remove. I was never able to replicate this problem but I suspect it has something to do with switching pro files or not using the default.

Dan

Page 5 of 29 3456715