hi there,

i am about to buy a chinese/ebay co2 laser engraver, im in the uk and my budget is £2000

from what i can tell with my limited knowledge is it will engrave pretty much anything other than metals which it will mark with a spray treatment.

i am a car trimmer and i primarily wanted it to work with leather and alcantara materials, but since looking at them im sure i would use it for much more

some of the machines ive seen are rated at 60 watts and come with a rotary attachment (like and lathe chuck), others come with a better exhaust fan but no rotary thing, and t the top of my budget one comes with a proper water chiller and a rotary attachment - not the lathe chuck type but seems to be better as its not limited by the chuck size, this one is £2000 giv or take a few pounds.

the trouble i see with the most expensive one is it doesnt support multi colours so i couldnt cut and engrave in the same job - i assume thats the only way i can do that (again limited knowledge)

is the multi colour function to control the power/speed really needed or just a nice thing to have?

any help and advice is going to be very helpful

thanks