585,932 active members*
3,684 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Another "Chinese laser not firing" post

Ladies and Gentlemen - first post. I'm looking forward to chatting with you all now that I've found this forum!

I'm having an issue that I hope someone can help me troubleshoot.

Last week my laser cut out in the middle of a job. Completely stopped firing. The machine (fan, motor, etc) went on their merry way and finished the job - but no laser was cutting.

I later found out that my water pump had died at some point in the job and the laser ended up getting super hot.....SO, I contacted the Chinese manufacturer and asked if the tube was dead based upon the former description and they said it probably was...so $380 later I have a new tube installed and ready to go.

Except the laser STILL WILL NOT FIRE when using the test button on top, nor will it fire when processing a job.

TODAY, after doing some digging here on the board I discover there is another test button on the power supply. I test that baby and LO and BEHOLD, the damn thing fires. Not only that, but I can clearly ADJUST the intensity with the aforementioned panel that houses the top-side test button.

With all of that being said, does anyone have any thoughts as to what has blown on the machine? What can I replace to get it going? Since it was knocked out I have 8 orders sitting idle waiting to be cut. Please help if you have any advice!!

60w CO2, water-cooled laser

Here's a link to the laser model I have: https://www.amazon.com/TEN-HIGH-Upgr...ords=60w+laser

And a pic of both the laser and the power supply.

Re: Another "Chinese laser not firing" post

Double check the door switch, if your machine has one. I had similar issues with my 40w laser and door switch was the culprit.

Thanks for the note! That's exactly what I thought it might be too - or, more to the point, as if some safety switch had been triggered when the pump went out and the laser started heating up.

However, based upon your suggestion, I went out to check and there is no such safety feature on this system....not that is externally visible, anyway.

HI
    long shots but
    I assume the old pump was plugged into the back of the machine (is the new one plugged in the same) if so then fine if not then it may well need to be
    some of these machines mine included can some how tell if there is something plugged into the primary socket and if it cannot find anything the ***** just wont fire
    been there got the T shirt.
    That said also open up that power supply and underneath the transformers tucked away at the back there is a 5 amp glass fuse check that as they seem to like to blow for no apparent reason
    good luck with getting that out and back in, thats when I got shirt no2