585,978 active members*
4,285 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Powermatic variable speed drill press drive belts, and belts for others

Powermatic variable speed drill press drive belts, and belts for others

I just recently scored a nice three head Powermatic drill press for my shop. Wanted something to replace my Chinese "Wilton" 15" floor model as 5/8" holes in aluminum kept stalling it. Very happy with my find and in the process of cleaning and lubing it up, I thought it would be a good idea to start fresh with new belts. Well I went online searching Powermatic 1150 vari speed belts and found a supplier of Powermatic parts, price per belt $173.50 ea. Wow, I know this thing is old (1973) and discontinued, but couldn't believe the price, maybe I'd put off the purchase as I need two.

So I search the belt by the number on the original belt, price $27.50 ea. Talk about taking advantage of small market segment; 600% mark up is pretty ridiculous. Well I realized there is a large range of belt quality available and better belts cost more but had no idea they would be that much more. The belts I got meet all original manufacturers specs, and appear to be very high quality, so they should be good enough for me.

So I just thought I'd share their web site for anyone in need of good priced quality belts https://www.vbeltguys.com/

Great information. Thanks for sharing and contribution. We need more good suppliers. Here is the one who supply decent timing belts, in either rubber or pu. Meet all original specification, with reasonable price. I am a picky guy, but no complaint yet. For thoese who want value for money, here it is www.zzr-parts.com