584,829 active members*
4,690 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Hypermill > hyperMILL in Solidworks

hyperMILL in Solidworks

This product was presented at Solidworks World in New Orleans.

OPEN MIND will provide a deep integration into Solidworks so that CAD and CAM can be run concurrently without passing data. An "alpha" version was on display and we are moving toward a summer release.

-AL

OPEN MIND has achieved Solution Partner status with Solidworks. Our engineers have beta versions of hyperMILL ni Solidworks and we are nearing the product release.

hyperMILL in Solidworks

hyperMILL 9.7 including hyperMILL integrated in Solidworks has been released.

I just got my update in the mail. :rainfro:

hyperMILL has been designated as a Solidworks Gold CAM partner.

This designation ensures high quality, deep integration, and associativity with the CAD model. The Gold partner process included an extensive design review process by Solidworks staff, confirmation of product integration and quality, and audits of existing customers.

Hey SCS !!!! how is your Hypermill in Solidworks???

Is it working good, do you like it?

:rainfro:

Quote Originally Posted by single phase View Post
    Hey SCS !!!! how is your Hypermill in Solidworks???

Is it working good, do you like it?

:rainfro:
    It's all good. A bit of bump and grind in the curve but the functionality is really good and of course the bottom line it works and keeps working. It's very stable and powerfull all at the same time. Kind of unheard of in this industry. How is it going with you? What platform are you using hyperMILL with?

I use Inventor 2008 with my HyperMill expert and I feel the same way you do about the union. It is such a powerful combination. I spend very little time thinking about how to do what I want done.

I machine on a 4 axis Milltronics VM-15 but I only have 3 axis HyperMill. But I do have the Frames module.

What kind of machine(s) do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by single phase View Post
    I use Inventor 2008 with my HyperMill expert and I feel the same way you do about the union. It is such a powerful combination. I spend very little time thinking about how to do what I want done.

I machine on a 4 axis Milltronics VM-15 but I only have 3 axis HyperMill. But I do have the Frames module.

What kind of machine(s) do you use?
    I'm actually a new reseller in Western Canada.

Re: hyperMILL in Solidworks

Good morning. I was browsing forums on Hypermill and came across your OLD post. We use SolidWorks with Hypermill add-in. It works great and the tool paths are nice. BUT, it is a little quirky. Why does Hypermill have to update the model every time you hide or unhide a model or sketch? With large parts, this become very time consuming. Is there a setting we can change? Thnx!

zzhyzyg Guest

hi, my friend , who need
    surfcam 2015
    gibbscam 2015
    mastercam x9
    ArtCam Pro
    EdgeCam
    Hypermill
    PowerMILL
    Surfcam
    UG NX

I have a lot of cracked software , I sell it
    I have email :[email protected] [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by GLN@DWD View Post
    Good morning. I was browsing forums on Hypermill and came across your OLD post. We use SolidWorks with Hypermill add-in. It works great and the tool paths are nice. BUT, it is a little quirky. Why does Hypermill have to update the model every time you hide or unhide a model or sketch? With large parts, this become very time consuming. Is there a setting we can change? Thnx!
    I could not say about SolidWorks, Inventor does not do this. It only updates if you change the model shape.

GLN...

Development has a plan and is now working on it. We'll contact you next week with more info.

-Al

Thanks Alan. I am looking forward to the update. Attach a link to the video on this subject. And any other significant updates. Thanks again.

Al,

Any new development on an auto update for models, sketches etc...? Just checking. Thnx.

~Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Alan L View Post
    GLN...

Development has a plan and is now working on it. We'll contact you next week with more info.

-Al

~A big thanks to the OpenMind tech support crew. Jim, Dave, Alan, Al Z, Doug, & Steve. Awesome guys that know their product and service their customers. Thanks again for all you help.~

Garry