585,932 active members*
3,731 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma LB300-M. X axis servo vibrates whit peaks at every 3 mm increment, any idea?

Okuma LB300-M. X axis servo vibrates whit peaks at every 3 mm increment, any idea?

Check out this video, in the beginning when x axis move slow you can clearly hear the vibrations from the servo motor, have already tried a new encoder, same problem. Any suggestions?

The noise you hear from the machine is not from the cutting tool, it just sounds like it, it is from the servo motor

https://youtu.be/mIToZ6TPSpY

Re: Okuma LB300-M. X axis servo vibrates whit peaks at every 3 mm increment, any idea

i don't know what to say exactly, but if i would hear strange noises, like this, than :

... i would try to be sure if it is the electronics or the mechanics
    ... let the motor work without load, disengage the turret, and hear it only spiniing the screw
    ... if same thing, than disengage the screw

add / remove parts from the chain, and locate the problem

i won't say and i wish that there is no paralelism problem

do you have peeks all over between x+ and x -, or only near x+ ?
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Re: Okuma LB300-M. X axis servo vibrates whit peaks at every 3 mm increment, any idea

Check to see if X and Z drive units are the same, and swap them. I'm pretty sure on those even if the Z is a larger unit, you can still swap for testing. If noise is still there, you should megaohm the X motor for shorts.

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk

those 3 mm trigger some idea ? like is it the "screw pitch" or " motor brush " ? i don't know those dimensions, but if it repeats at "3", than there is a "3x" location that must be inspected / this is all i can say

No brushes, AC motors, and 5mm pitch screws usually.

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk

I think the noise is electro / acoustic generated, all mechanical is ok. The vibration peak differ from max to almost nothing just inside of a window on 0,3 mm in 3 mm increments, if we keep the position on top of the vibrating peak the servo overloads in a few seconds and the alarm 13 appear on the servo display, when the servo is operated at higher speeds its almost no problem, and you can not hear the vibrations/ oscillation.

I think i will megaohm the motor, the servo module is a double servo, i will see for the possibility of swapping between x and z output.

I have been working as a professional Mazak technician for almost twenty years but newer experienced a problem just like this :-)

Thank to all of you for your advice's

Regards
    Ralf Halvorsrød

on top of the vibrating peak the servo overloads in a few seconds
    you may leave it overloaded / close to it, and inspect it while in this state, but i am not an electronist

3 mm / pitch should give an electronist a start point

i saw that such devices may be inspected on an outside stand

twenty years but newer experienced a problem just like this
    now u know them all

In this profession there is not one day whit out some kind of surprise (flame2)

Faulty drive unit, try to change complete unit (axis card+unit) .
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

How sure are you on this Kurmay, on a scale from 1 to 10

just kidding : 10 / 10 > get a new cnc maybe it comes with same issue ...

Swapped the servo drives, problem jumped to Z axis. It is a two channel servo drive by the way ;-)

hy ! how it works ? you said you got a new encoder for X, did u manage something with that servo ?

Hei there. We had to change the drive unit, possible faulty output transistors on the inverter. Machine works well after new drive unit was installed :-)