585,715 active members*
3,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

semi round circles

finally getting this cnc in motion...when i made some circles with a pen in the spindle i can see the circles are not really round they are made from short straight line segments. are there settings to smooth them? i made the circles in Aspire 8.5. I thought i remember reading something about this issue before. Thanks K

Re: semi round circles

Try to change your constant velocity parameters.
    I see you are in the USA so you probably working in inches and the default settings in uccnc I think are sized for metric, so you want to set those a bit lower for inches and then your circles will get rounder.
    What the parameters do are described nicely in the uccnc manual, so might wanna read that also.

thanks or your comment. I found ger older post on cnc drive forum too. I'm trying to dial it in the best i can now. I also read the manual part about this adjustment and function again also. This being my first cnc router with new software that i have never used and a complete retrofit on hardware can be a bit confusing at times. I know this wont fix all of my issues but will certainly help. I have some mechanical tolerances in need of attention also. But one hurdle at a time. K

Quote Originally Posted by baxter435 View Post
    finally getting this cnc in motion...when i made some circles with a pen in the spindle i can see the circles are not really round they are made from short straight line segments. are there settings to smooth them? i made the circles in Aspire 8.5. I thought i remember reading something about this issue before. Thanks K
    I don't know Aspire, but how does the G-code look like? Are circles made up of a huge number of G1 X,Y moves or made up of arc G2 and G3 moves? Can it be the way you have the pen attached? I think it is better if the X,Y moves are handled by the motion controller software, like UCCNC. It is also better if you use constant velocity for circles.