584,863 active members*
4,838 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > PlasmaCam > Buying a machine soon..any tips before buying?

Buying a machine soon..any tips before buying?

Currently we have a 100W CO2 laser cutter, which is our main business, acrylic products. But we're currently planning to purchase one of the 4x4 Plasmacam machines. I do want to get the extra toy attachments along with it. But this is all new to us, and Im sure there are things I dont expect, or questions I dont know to ask. So for you PlasmaCam owners in here...is there anything that you wish, or should have done or asked that you didnt when getting yours? Really just making sure there isnt any unexpected surprises in getting one of these.
    while Im at it, I also plan on getting the hypotherm cutter, but as for the other attachments, not sure what brand/models to get that will work best with this machine.. recommendations?

Re: Buying a machine soon..any tips before buying?

The plasmacam is a very good solid machine that you can most definitely do a lot with. The ease of use of plasmacam's designedge software is flawless compared to anything else that I had ever experienced for plasma cutting and It is by far the most user friendly out there. This machine has served me and many other extremely well other the years. There are some options that you can get with the machine that can bring more automation to your machine, which can save you time and money depending on what your applications for the machine are. Some of the upgrades to consider are the advanced height control and advanced designedge (they are among the most popular) and are worth every penny. There are some other tools and attachments that are optional, like routing and engraving as well. You can always get those later if needed too.

I would also make sure to check in with plasmacam to see if they have any special offers going on. You can certainly save a bundle when they do have a sale.

Good Luck, Brother

JAG

thankyou for taking the time to reply...already knew all that though ..and yes, they do have a special right now, $2000 off

Just placed my order for the 4x4 setup.. will be using the HT Powermax 65 ..also got the advanced software, and the engraver option as well. Planning to expand out display products we make from acrylic ,to metal so really looking forward to this machine. still havent bought an engrave tool though. not sure which to get there.