584,817 active members*
4,613 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Dmm Technology > DMM Dyn4 & 1KW AC Servo motor reliability & quality

DMM Dyn4 & 1KW AC Servo motor reliability & quality

I'd like to hear from those that have used the latest interation of DYN4 and their 1KW and larger AC servo drives. I know in a recent thread that MACTEC suggests they are almost on par with Yaskawa, but there is such a price spread its hard to imagine.

Anyone use them to retrofit a Vertical Machining Center or CNC Knee mill? Great for intermittent hobby/light commercial use or will they stand up to the rigors of daily VMC use?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Service after the sale and repair comments appreciated as well.
    Marty

Re: DMM Dyn4 & 1KW AC Servo motor reliability & quality

I'm there right now in setting up a knee mill with DMM product seems to be a good bang for the buck, knee 1000 for Z watt and 750 watt on X and Y.

Quote Originally Posted by flyeribe View Post
    I'm there right now in setting up a knee mill with DMM product seems to be a good bang for the buck, knee 1000 for Z watt and 750 watt on X and Y.
    Keep us posted. I'd like to know how you make out with tuning and how well it works for you. I assume you are using step and direction input?
    What motion controller are you going to use? Centroid will have a nice step and direction motion controller coming out soon. Drop down to the AJAX forum and look for ACORN.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Escarcega View Post
    I'd like to hear from those that have used the latest interation of DYN4 and their 1KW and larger AC servo drives. I know in a recent thread that MACTEC suggests they are almost on par with Yaskawa, but there is such a price spread its hard to imagine.

Anyone use them to retrofit a Vertical Machining Center or CNC Knee mill? Great for intermittent hobby/light commercial use or will they stand up to the rigors of daily VMC use?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Service after the sale and repair comments appreciated as well.
    Marty
    This was a test with there legacy Dyn2 low voltage Drives, there is basically very little to do with tuning, they have , Adaptive Tuning Technology, which tunes the servo drives to what ever ( work load ) the servo motor is doing, there encoder feed back is also, a worlds first, with 8-bit security code, and just 4 wires, which puts them in a class above most other Ac servo systems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAJaIowXwAY&t=10s
    Mactec54