584,837 active members*
5,247 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mitsubishi controls > Mitsubishi Meldas 64 parameter backup problem

Mitsubishi Meldas 64 parameter backup problem

Hello Everyone,
    I have Akira-SeikiCNC with Mi645 control. Just recently I lost servo battery power and had to replace them and reset zero orgins on all axis. Since main parameter backup uses the same kind of battery, I amafraid that it may fail soon too. I need to back up currentparameters before replacing battery. Unfortunately I can not sendanything from the control to my PC. I am getting E60 IOP ERR-2message as soon as I try to send anything to PC. I can input or DNC every program from my PC to the control, but can't get it to work the other direction. I tried pretty much every suggestion and the setting that work for other people but can't get a grip on this one.
    Can anyone with better knowledge of Meldas guide me through this problem?

Thanks for every suggestion,

Pete

Re: Mitsubishi Meldas 64 parameter backup problem

Hello. I don´t think you need to back any of your machine data (parameters, etc) to change your battery. You just need to perform the battery change while your machine is powered on. I am sure there is a battery change procedure guideline somewhere, but it´s quite simple to follow. However, is not a bad idea at all to have all of your machine´s properly backed up. Because there would be other events where you will need to reload this functional archives.

FLEX

Re: Mitsubishi Meldas 64 parameter backup problem

The drive battery and NC battery arent same. You may cross check the battery voltage on NC unit to check if its okay or not. (3.6V). Also please let me know if its Meldas 60 series or 500 series to guide with the backup and battery replacement process

Quote Originally Posted by Pete_MP_Mold View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I have Akira-SeikiCNC with Mi645 control. Just recently I lost servo battery power and had to replace them and reset zero orgins on all axis. Since main parameter backup uses the same kind of battery, I amafraid that it may fail soon too. I need to back up currentparameters before replacing battery. Unfortunately I can not sendanything from the control to my PC. I am getting E60 IOP ERR-2message as soon as I try to send anything to PC. I can input or DNC every program from my PC to the control, but can't get it to work the other direction. I tried pretty much every suggestion and the setting that work for other people but can't get a grip on this one.
    Can anyone with better knowledge of Meldas guide me through this problem?

Thanks for every suggestion,

Pete
    hello did you solve the problem of extracting parameters from your meldas? I have that same problem if you could help me.

Hello everone

i have a cnc machine fulland 2005 model meldas 60 s. I load bacup from casset. But now mocro program gone and machine not change the tool. Could you please help me.
    Last edited by metehan; 07-25-2018 at 01:15 PM.