585,753 active members*
4,015 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Can't get E stop to work help!!!!

Can't get E stop to work help!!!!

Hi all I have just finished my first cnc build. All has gone relatively smoothly apart from this e stop problem. Auto setup will not find it. Each time I try to get it to work a dialogue box appears saying an external problem has occurred and do I want to auto fix which changes the settings to active low.

I am using a 5 axis Bob kk01 from cnc4you.Co.uk using pun 15 and ground.

I have a noise filter on my ac line, I have grounded all my braided cables to one point. I have tried de bounce settings up to 10000 and nothing works! Any ideas?

Chris

Re: Can't get E stop to work help!!!!

You have a switch between P15 and GND? That would seem to be active low to me, meaning there is 5V on P15 until the switch is activated and grounds P15 to low.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    You have a switch between P15 and GND? That would seem to be active low to me, meaning there is 5V on P15 until the switch is activated and grounds P15 to low.

Yes I have a standard e stop switch, even with nothing wired I still get the same error message.

Re: Can't get E stop to work help!!!!

On this particular BOB, if you have configured E-STOP is must be active HIGH. Look inside of MACH3 and check the input PIN #15 and make sure it is active high. The ESTOP switch must be normally closed (NC). Then the estop gets pressed it opens the circuit and Pin#15 is pulled high which will activate ESTOP. If you wired up the ESTOP switch wrong or if it is not normally closed the machine will never work. Also you need to check the little jumpers on your BOB because it can get power by USB or external. If you expect the USB to power it and you have the jumper in the wrong place the ICs on the board will not be power and it will not work at all.

Russ

Thanks russ, I have a 5v regulated psu powering the Bob I'm getting power and the motors work. Pin 15 is set to active high but mach3 is reporting that the estop has been pushed, so I disconnected the switch and tried with the wires open and closed and get the same issue. Next I will check that I'm getting 5v from the pin. Chris

Got it working it was a silly mistake I forgot to connect the 0v wire to GND! Lesson learned, thanks for you help