584,841 active members*
4,443 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > My DYNA-MYTE 3000 Revamping
Page 1 of 3 123

My DYNA-MYTE 3000 Revamping

Hallo from Venezia Italy, I'm electronic developer. In first of July I brought home a DM3000, after studying it for good I did it go with mach3 without even cut a wire,

DC servo motor on X and Z and arduino mega2560 mach3-dm3000 interface,

In few seconds se can switch from mach3 to original SKIP controller because they use same 16pin connector

link of work

In January or February when i learned to use a cam_lathe will post a video with ATC processing, I've never used a lathe until now

Re: My DYNA-MYTE 3000 Revamping

BRAVO!!!! Please post more information.

Bravo! Quanto è difficile questo? Ho un DM3000 che mi piacerebbe davvero avere la vostra mod su. E 'questa modifica facile da fare e si può si prega di inviare una instrctions complete su come fare questo?

Se è più facile per voi a parlare nella sua lingua si prega di farlo io tradurre con google.

Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

Questo sarebbe qualcosa che si potrebbe mettere insieme in un kit per qualcuno da installare sul proprio burbero tornio?

I am preparing the kit, shortly it will be able to make it available

thank you...please keep me updated. I also have a very nice all original DM3000 that every things works on still. You kit looks great and would be a nice addition to my lathe.

3D Cad Model Finished for Tool Holder. I will now be able to use oddball size tool shanks or metric as well. I will be turning out my own custom sleeves also. These tool holders will fit tightly in turret slot and also centers the tool hole up with the spindle center line.

Great thing is I can customize them how ever I want.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DM3000 Tool Holder.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	341558

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DM3000 Tool Holder Bottom View.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	341560

The ideal would be to build a toolholder for 2 axial tools so that with the mach3 or the other you can recall the tool by associating of different tooltip corrector

did you finish the project for your lathe? I am still interested in what you did so you can switch back and forth to skip controller and to mach 3.

Pleas update this thread on your progress....

Yes it is finished, The machine work well without evidents defect, now i will doing pcbs from professional PCB service and in short time make ready a kit for DMxxxx machines

great news....please contact me or post here..i really am interested in using my DM3000 lathe with mach like you are doing

do you have additional videos of you process and the machine using mach 3 and your set up on how to switch back and forth?

No, but i feel To write an user manual about this retrofitting solution, included some mach3 setting screenshots

thank you! I will be waiting with a smile!

Quote Originally Posted by turbina View Post
    No, but i feel To write an user manual about this retrofitting solution, included some mach3 setting screenshots
    Have you made any progress on your retrofit kit and manual? I am interested in buying a kit for the dm3000.

Yes, the interface is finished, milled some plastic box, now only i must write the user manual , then we Will see here

Now i have finisced

manual is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h6E...ew?usp=sharing

Nice job. Unfortunately it is too late for mine. I havent opened your tool change macro. Is it bidirectional?
    A lazy man does it twice.

Yes, macro for M6 Command is very simple, there are 3 bits for tool selection, 1 bit for strobe to accept tool selection code and 1 bit input as "Command executed"

answered you private message... ready to get one of these...

ordered mine today...thanks for the quick responses!

Just thought I would give a review and update on the EZ DM3000 Retrofit Box by Turbina, a member her eon CNC ZONE. He started a post back in November of 2016 about a retro fit box he was building from ground up that would allow a DM3000 lathe to operate with Mach 3 with just a plug N play of the factory cable from the skip controller into his retro box. In fact you can actually switch quickly and easily back and forth between the ski controller and or the retro box just by unplugging from one and plugging into the other. The DM3000 works just fine.

the box was ordered and cost $300 USD which included shipping from Rome Italy. It took about 4 weeks to receive. It came with the RS232 cable that plugs into the EZ DM3000 Retrofit Box and a Mach 3 equipped computer. Installation instructions are provided with a few setup files that are needed to be placed into a folder within Mach 3...real simple and fast. Once I did that i set the port address for the comm port inside Mach 3 and it was alive!

I was simply amazed at the ease of operation and how quick this went! I have had the DM3000 lathe for a little over 3 years and mine was all orginal with factory hardware and i didnt want to retro fit it like others by ripping out all the good electronics. SO i let it sit hoping i could find a way to bring modern technology into it. During this 3 years there have been alot of guys trying to do what the EZ DM3000 Retrofit Box does but it always ended in not so much good success. As a last hope I contacted Bobcad and was able to buy V21 with a DM3000 processor ...how ever that was just as hard to figure out as the Skip controller and DM3000 programming language.

I can say i am now using the EZ DM3000 Retrofit Box with the FACTORY electronics of the DM3000 along with MACH 3 and everything is fantastic! The data file provided by Turbina allows controlling of all part of the DM3000 including coolant on and off. His settings were spot on and his support is the best I have ever had...he worked with me to fine tune all the motors perfectly....which were very very close to begin with with in Mach 3.

Many have said it couldn't be done..but this guy DID IT! and mine proves it along with his. I strongly recommend anyone that has a DM3000 that has all functions working through the Skip Controller to consider buying his EZ DM3000 Retrofit Box BEFORE ripping out wires or parts!.

Much thanks to Turbina for creating this and providing support!

Page 1 of 3 123