585,996 active members*
4,222 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 21i ALARM 24 HELP !!!!

Hi from Guatemala, Central America . I have a serious problem with my Romi G20. This will be my third months without my machine.
    When I turn he machine "on" , it starts to run but for only 3 seconds and brutaly stops ...and then the CNC automatically restarts.
    I can see an ALARM 24 at the spindle drive window .

According to FANUC, Al-24 is a problem of communication between the CNC and the spindle drive.
    I already changed the cable. I sent the spindle drive + CNC for checking and they are fine.

And I have still the same problem ...
    can anyone help me ? Does anyone knows what could cause the 24 Alarm ?

Thanks
    André

Re: Fanuc 21i ALARM 24 HELP !!!!

The Alarm 24 is not your problem. You have a short in your 24VDC circuit. Normally this is caused by a broken wire in the wire-ways which moves when the machine moves. Could also be a bad output like a bad valve solenoid. The reason you are getting the alarm 24 is because you lost the CNC power and thus causing the spindle drive to alarm out. You will need a meter to measure all of your inputs and outputs wires to ground. You should see about 40 Ohms or more. If you have a very low reading then disconnect that wire and see of the machine fires up OK after that. Good luck as these are hard to find.

Thanks so much DRDOS !!! That is a great information !! we will immediatly follow your instructions ...may be I will be back ...!!! André

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    The Alarm 24 is not your problem. You have a short in your 24VDC circuit. Normally this is caused by a broken wire in the wire-ways which moves when the machine moves. Could also be a bad output like a bad valve solenoid. The reason you are getting the alarm 24 is because you lost the CNC power and thus causing the spindle drive to alarm out. You will need a meter to measure all of your inputs and outputs wires to ground. You should see about 40 Ohms or more. If you have a very low reading then disconnect that wire and see of the machine fires up OK after that. Good luck as these are hard to find.

Hello DRDOS
    As told we are in Guatemala and there is no CNC or FAnuc technician here ...
    So I am alone in the desert and it´s why I really appreciate your help.
    And i am not electronician !!!

Something that I don´t understand is :
    You said that we have a problem in the 24DC line OR a problem of ground in I/O lines ??? or you said that a problem of ground in one of the I/O lines and this is affecting the 24DC line ????

Am I right ?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by austenit View Post
    Thanks so much DRDOS !!! That is a great information !! we will immediatly follow your instructions ...may be I will be back ...!!! André

Not to horn in on drdos, the inputs and outputs use 24volts. Some where there is a short in the wiring, that is connecting your 24volts to ground. With the power off, measure with an ohm meter, your inputs and outputs to ground.

Once again, thanks to ifxcnc and drdos
    I believe I understand the meaning of your instructions but I can not do it practically

So I have the module I/O with all the cables connected , with numbers A1, A2, A3 ....., then another line with number B1, B2 ...
    And I have a total of four module like this.

Then , with all power off, I put one probe of the ohmmeter on , let s say the B24 and the other proble on the ground ....is that right ???

In this case , I get some with " o" , others with 2400 ohms and so but nothing like 60ohms ??????
    ?????
    I guess something is wrong in what I am doing

Quote Originally Posted by ifixcnc View Post
    Not to horn in on drdos, the inputs and outputs use 24volts. Some where there is a short in the wiring, that is connecting your 24volts to ground. With the power off, measure with an ohm meter, your inputs and outputs to ground.

Thanks so much to FIXCNC and DRDOS

We did as you said.
    We measured all I/O and we find someone with very low Ohms ( 2 ohms) . So we disconected those one ( one by one) and at the third one, the machine started !!!
    It was the coil of the electro valve of the closing chuck !!!!

Great !!!
    thanks/ Gracias a lot and que viva CNCZONE !

Quote Originally Posted by austenit View Post
    Once again, thanks to ifxcnc and drdos
    I believe I understand the meaning of your instructions but I can not do it practically

So I have the module I/O with all the cables connected , with numbers A1, A2, A3 ....., then another line with number B1, B2 ...
    And I have a total of four module like this.

Then , with all power off, I put one probe of the ohmmeter on , let s say the B24 and the other proble on the ground ....is that right ???

In this case , I get some with " o" , others with 2400 ohms and so but nothing like 60ohms ??????
    ?????
    I guess something is wrong in what I am doing

Hello austenit, Ihave a doubt, do you mean the I/O of the driver with the alarm 24 only?

because in my driver I have the same case as you mention before, I mean with Alarm 24 at the driver.
    But I dont understand what I/O on the driver did you check with meter ohm? could you send me a picture of it please.