585,705 active members*
4,319 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser Machine stops working

I have a knockoff Redsail 700x (it is labeled as a K7050 bought from eBay in April of 2016). I have sent the seller an email asking what to do however thought I'd ask here too.

I have no issues since the day I received this until today. 4 times today it stopped burning into wood and put up message saying power-off-restart delay and gave me the option to hit esc or enter. I hit enter and the machine started right back where it stopped with no issue. It did this 4 different times today. After the last time it finished cutting through some 1/4" plywood and then suddenly the screen went blank on the machine. The light inside the bay is working, the fan is still pushing air through the nozzle and the case fan is still working, however the x, y, and z axis will not move, the screen is blank, and the fan on the laser power supply is not working. There are no blinking lights on any of the electrical components inside either. Since the instructions are translated from Chinese it is hard to understand somethings. The unit has the RDC644XG control system. I am completely stumped on anything to even try to diagnose what the problem is. My guess is main power supply? Has anyone else come across this? The unit us supposed under a 2 year warranty (we will see what they say). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the actual unit I had purchased too...

80W Co2 Laser Cutter 700x500mm Engraver Cutting Machine Crafts USB Port W/ Stand | eBay

Re: Laser Machine stops working

Hello sir

Please check the emergency switch , and the wires of it

Warm regards
    David

I happened to start with checking for any loose wiring and got to the e stop stop switch. Upon inspection one side fried and was stuck closed. I'm going to see about getting a replacement switch tomorrow and hopefully that is all that is wrong. I hope it didn't do any other damage to other components.

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph-support View Post
    Hello sir

Please check the emergency switch , and the wires of it

Warm regards
    David

If still can't work you could leave us message , or email us : [email protected]
    Thank you

Warm regards
    David

Hello,

If the fan in laser power supply not working, the laser tube can't laser out.

Best Regards

Emily Yan