585,996 active members*
4,544 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Akira Seiki CNC Lathe Alarm 1006 - Unclamp Error??

Akira Seiki CNC Lathe Alarm 1006 - Unclamp Error??

Does anyone have a manual for an Akira Seiki Lathe with a Fanuc 0T control?

We are trying to use a bar-feeder and every time "in-program" we open the check to feed (M11), the machine errors out with "1006 Unclamped" error.
    This is driving us nuts!
    We have to keep an operator standing next to the machine to hit reset every time we feed material.

If someone has an Akira Seiki Parameter Manual, please let us know if there is a parameter/setting to stop this insanity.

Thanks!
    sm

Re: Akira Seiki CNC Lathe Alarm 1006 - Unclamp Error??

Hi, no experience with Akira Seiki but i wonder if your alarm is the unclamp confirm signal? Should be some sensors on the back of your chuck for clamp and unclamp.

Quote Originally Posted by ProToZyKo View Post
    Hi, no experience with Akira Seiki but i wonder if your alarm is the unclamp confirm signal? Should be some sensors on the back of your chuck for clamp and unclamp.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think because I don't get an error when I manually step on the clamp/unclamp pedal that the sensor would be fine.

If someone has a Manual and could look up the sensor's diagnostic number, that would help us a lot.

-sm

Quote Originally Posted by smyers755 View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think because I don't get an error when I manually step on the clamp/unclamp pedal that the sensor would be fine.

If someone has a Manual and could look up the sensor's diagnostic number, that would help us a lot.

-sm
    Not on unclamp, it isn't needed but your bar feeder needs to know it's unclamped to push. Do you have clamp/unclamp confirmation on your panel?

you need the electric diagram of the barfeeder,the unclamp input from the lathe must be transmited to the barfeeder.
    what is the name of your barfeeder,do you have electrical diagram?
    so,the uncalmp state of the chuck will be an output (Y) and will be an input for the barfeeder.
    for chuck open you have a relay on the electrical cabinet and you just take the auxiliary contact of this relay in which will be a 24v circuit and send it to the barfeeder input(this input you will have to read it from the electrical diagram if you have)
    every time you will open the chuck,the brafeeder will know and will push material,if not the barfeeder will not push becuase will not know the state of the chuck.
    let us know the name and type of your barfeeder and we can help you.

Thanks for the replies so far.

We are not using any Bar-Feeders, we are using grip style Bar-Pullers and short pieces of stock.
    We cut 48" long bars (1220mm) and they fit (mostly) inside the drawbar of the machine.-

We have 5 other machines we run the same job on.
    None of them has a bar feeder and none of the other machines have the problem this .....Akira Seiki has.

Only the one lone Akira-Seiki gives us an error.
    (the others are Mori-Seiki and Nakamura and have not issues with the Bar Pullers)