585,761 active members*
4,013 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

okuma alarm 937

Can anyone tell me how to fix alarm 937 on a okuma cadet mate 700?

Re: okuma alarm 937

There is 2 lines of information for an alarm

What control ? .... I assume OSP 700M
    What does the "Alarm & Error" say on how to fix ?

The Alarm 937 is SVP data check file according to the U100M book. I think it will cross over to the 700 control.

The chances are pretty good that you've got corrupted software. If that's not the case, then the SVP board may be going bad. If you've got another board on another machine of the same type, you may be able to swap it to test it out. If not, the I think a software reload is in order.

See attached description:

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

It is an OSP 700. And it is the svp data check. it started as a 923 alarm, but i could turn the machine off and on a few times and eventually it would boot and run fine. the other day the 923 alarm changed to the 937, and the machine has not booted up since then. How do i identify the SVP board? If they are the boards marked E4800-T10-001-A and E4809-770-065-A then I have swapped them with the boards from another machine. The alarm #923 then occured on the other machine, so im sure one of those boards is faulty. But even with the good boards in the original machine, the alarm 937 is still coming on while the system is booting.
    Last edited by RINES; 12-01-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

The E4809-770-065-A board is the control board on your axis drive; that's not the board these guys are talking about - they are referring to the SVP board in the NC rack itself. Being that you have a Cadetmate, I believe you will have (2) SVP boards int he rack - one that is for 3 axis and one setup for only 1 axis. Also, is there a code after the alarm (it's usually 5 alpha numeric characters for this particular alarm)? OkumaWiz is correct that you may have a corrupt file or a bad SVP board; you may also have had some kind of spike that caused the control board on one of the drives to go bad and take out the channel on the SVP board, since they are directly connected together (which would explain the alarm on the other machine and why the good boards do not completely solve the issue with the bad machine). Not likely, but not impossible either. There are other things to try - especially if you know what axis it is happening on (thus the need for the code), where you can swap axis within the machine to see if it moves to another axis. If you need those boards and/or drives checked/repaired, we can do that for you, just email me your number and I can call you to discuss).

Ok, so, sorry the only time i pop on here is when i have a machine problem. But good help is hard to find and yall provide a wealth of free knowledge that i cant get anywhere else.
    Its been almost 4 months since I started this thread and yesterday, 3/21/2017 I finally got this machine up and running again. I had to replace 1 svp board AND BLII D drive. Now the machine is functioning very nicely, no alarms. But the tool changer is making a racket. As i said, its been down for 4 months. it sounds like a power steering pump that is low on fluid. But the motor is all electric and air driven. Any ideas?

OK, once again I am trying to diagnose svp boards. okuma cadet mate osp700 mill. the alarm is 2010-11 B SVP APA CHECK MAxis E93DE93E
    I believe the error is from the z axis and tool changer. the mill has 2 svp boards. Does one board "communicate" with only the z and tool carousel? or do both boards have something to do with all 3 axis plus the carouel?