585,766 active members*
4,582 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Anilam Crusader M Retrofit

Hello All,

I have a 3-axis Anilam Crusader M on a Bridgeport Series 1 which to be fair for
    its age is a tremendous machine in terms of functionality and accuracy. However
    it has limited memory and over time it has become less reliable. I currently
    utilize 3 axis and a cad/cam software for programming via RS232.

I'm considering upgrading the controller either to a PC based controller (Mach 3) or
    upgraded controller. I'm open to recommendations and looking for what other people
    have done, I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done this before.

I'm basically after any thoughts on how I should go about this. I'm guessing using
    PC based software such as Mach 3 I can then communicate with the servo drives
    which in turns controls the servo motors based on input into the PC from the glass
    scales? However, I'm unsure as how to go about linking the lot together. Do I need
    some form of PCI extension card to communicate between the servo amps,
    scales and limit switches etc.? Or is this done via serial communication to another
    circuit board which controls the hardware? Will I need any additional software?

Ideally I would like to stick to using my original drives if possible and ball screws,
    along with as many hard parts and components as possible to keep this conversion
    to a minimum.

What systems does everyone recommend and do you have a list of the components that it will
    take to do this retrofit?

Thanks, Mark

Re: Anilam Crusader M Retrofit

HI
    I HAVE A ANILAM CRUSADER M
    HAVE NO WORK 2YEARS TODAY I HAVE A MESSAGE PROM FAILLED I DONT KNOW THE PROBLEME

CAN ANYONE HELP ME

IT S THE ONLY CHANCE WORK FOR MY FAMILY

SO PLEASE HELP ME

Re: Anilam Crusader M Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by seapacer2 View Post
    Hello All,

I have a 3-axis Anilam Crusader M on a Bridgeport Series 1 which to be fair for
    its age is a tremendous machine in terms of functionality and accuracy. However
    it has limited memory and over time it has become less reliable. I currently
    utilize 3 axis and a cad/cam software for programming via RS232.

I'm considering upgrading the controller either to a PC based controller (Mach 3) or
    upgraded controller. I'm open to recommendations and looking for what other people
    have done, I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done this before.

I'm basically after any thoughts on how I should go about this. I'm guessing using
    PC based software such as Mach 3 I can then communicate with the servo drives
    which in turns controls the servo motors based on input into the PC from the glass
    scales? However, I'm unsure as how to go about linking the lot together. Do I need
    some form of PCI extension card to communicate between the servo amps,
    scales and limit switches etc.? Or is this done via serial communication to another
    circuit board which controls the hardware? Will I need any additional software?

Ideally I would like to stick to using my original drives if possible and ball screws,
    along with as many hard parts and components as possible to keep this conversion
    to a minimum.

What systems does everyone recommend and do you have a list of the components that it will
    take to do this retrofit?

Thanks, Mark
    Mark, did you ever decide on an upgrade? Here is how I did mine. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/knee-v...24874-cnc.html

Quote Originally Posted by MKHFETHI View Post
    HI
    I HAVE A ANILAM CRUSADER M
    HAVE NO WORK 2YEARS TODAY I HAVE A MESSAGE PROM FAILLED I DONT KNOW THE PROBLEME

CAN ANYONE HELP ME

IT S THE ONLY CHANCE WORK FOR MY FAMILY

SO PLEASE HELP ME
    MKHFETHI, check your computer power supplies. You could have low voltage on the 5 volt. I had that problem with mine.