584,837 active members*
5,332 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > Newst software calling home?

Newst software calling home?

So those of you that have the new surfcam does it require you to be hooked up to the internet and "call home"? My understanding is that since Vero bought them that is the case.
    I have the older Surfcam with the usb key. Started with the 232 port key but it gave up after 10 years or so.
    Gary

Re: Newst software calling home?

I'm not too sure that Surfcam software needs an internet connection to work but I happen to know that if you are using 'bootleg' software, like anything from "LND" or Legends Never Die, be aware that the software makes a call in to the home base and identifies your IP and many other things that uniquely identifies your computer. I have long contended that much of the 'bootleg' software that is out there, especially the CAM stuff, did not get there by some 3rd party hacker but by the original publisher to entrap people and companies into unauthorized copyright infringement court cases. Their Lawyers then make you an offer that you just can't refuse...

It is a very effective sales tactic, I might add.

I have heard of this happening to more than one person.....

You have been warned, proceed at your own risk..........................

Thanks for the reply but no need for warnings..I paid full price no discounts (nuts)
    My question at the time was because my cad cam computer is never hooked to the internet. So I wondered if the new versions would run that way. I have since upgraded to the newest version but it wont work with the old usb keys.
    They are still working on it :argue:

Quote Originally Posted by machinster View Post
    I'm not too sure that Surfcam software needs an internet connection to work but I happen to know that if you are using 'bootleg' software, like anything from "LND" or Legends Never Die, be aware that the software makes a call in to the home base and identifies your IP and many other things that uniquely identifies your computer. I have long contended that much of the 'bootleg' software that is out there, especially the CAM stuff, did not get there by some 3rd party hacker but by the original publisher to entrap people and companies into unauthorized copyright infringement court cases. Their Lawyers then make you an offer that you just can't refuse...

It is a very effective sales tactic, I might add.

I have heard of this happening to more than one person.....

You have been warned, proceed at your own risk..........................
    Yeah that sounds like something that would give RP (a surfcam distributor) a woodie.He stood in front of me and said "if anyone wants to make anything on the east coast, they will have to come to me" hes the best salesman Master Cam has.

If you have the USB key, it could work without the internet for that CADCAM computer.
    You need to install the SURFCAM Traditional (Not EVO), insert your old Surfcam USB key on the USB port, Run "Generate CLS Lock Code" from "SURFCAM Traditional 2016 (2017)" Program Group
    To Generate the Lock code and save it! Send the file to your dealer to get License Code.

You could look the guide at the starting your SURFCAM Traditional system!

If your Surfcam is keyless system. You will need the Internet when your apllying your License Code file.
    To get the Keyless lock code and save it then send to your dealer to get License File for you.(it same as you have the USB key, but no need the USB key insert at USB port)
    You need the Internet for applying the License File!