585,752 active members*
4,105 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > General Off Topic Discussions > Kellenberger Kel-Vista loses position

Kellenberger Kel-Vista loses position

Hello all! First time posting.

Equipment: Kellenberger Kel-Vista 175/600
    Control: FANUC 21i-TB
    Issue: Machine loses its wheel offset when shut down.

Narrative: Start the machine up in the morning, mount part between centers, go to calibration screen, touch running wheel to rotating part, teach position X&Z, input diameter and length, save. It will then run correctly all day, however, when the machine is restarted, it has lost this data, and has to be reset. The reason this is an issue, is because of the nature of our work, a part must be run through the cycle, adjustments made, and then run again to be correct. If the machine retained the data, then this would only have to be done once, unless there was a wheel or setup change, instead of every morning. It is costing us an hour EVERY MORNING. I am told, that when the machine were installed, that they did not lose this data upon restart, but the previous operator changed something, and didn't know how he did it, or what had been changed. I am assuming that it was a parameter change, but I am not familiar enough with this machine to know which one.

Can anyone help?

Re: Kellenberger Kel-Vista loses position

I have been programming and setting up Kellenbergers for years now. I am currently head of cylindrical grinding at one of the largest medical contract manufacturers.

I am assuming you are losing the zero offsets when machine is shut down. If so; After switching off the con- trol system, the corrections will be canceled and the initial workpiece zero definition restored.
    Canceling of this offset can be inhibited or enabled by bit 2 of parameter 8801.

You should always dress the wheel once in the morning and be sure the diamond is touching of you are using conventional vitrified abrasives. What kind of work do you all do?

Hope this helps! I would be happy to help with any other challenges!
    J

Re: Kellenberger Kel-Vista loses position

Also always run your first piece of the day backed off anyway!!!!!