585,758 active members*
4,310 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Just wanted you to know...

Just wanted you to know...

SYIL's website sucks. Plain and simple. It is absolutely stupid for someone to have to REGISTER to be able to view anything on the website. There is absolutely no way in hell you would ever get any of my money. I was willing to forego my American instincts of judging a Chinese machine...but that Big Brother crap of requiring me to REGISTER, LOG IN and whatever else you want is pure crap. Nobody needs to monitor my purchasing activities, my browsing activities or any other activities. I'm ashamed of anyone else who has purchased your products. And yes I am sure this will piss someone off. That's fine...it's your god-given right to be pissed off. I didn't serve my country for seven years so somebody else could "give up" their civil rights. You don't want them...move to another country. That's what conceding to SYIL's silly requirements consists of...giving up your basic rights as an American. As any Canadians on this site would have NO clue what I'm talking about, just ignore me and pass it on as just another American hothead.

Quote Originally Posted by WYLD View Post
    of...giving up your basic rights as an American. As any Canadians on this site would have NO clue what I'm talking about, just ignore me and pass it on as just another American hothead.
    your right ,ive got no idea of what your saying , but didn t you have to register and log on here to write this post

The web just finish,of course will have some mistake need customers to help us find it. we provide region select only want customers can easily find them region dealer.
    by the way,it is not need register to view our products,every region dealer web it is similar,and include every details of our products.
    also,we think every forum need register then post thread.so if your have any problem of your machines,or others,Please email to us.

Thanks ,Xushuo,
    Syil.
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Lol

I'm ashamed of anyone else who has purchased your products.
    :withstupi

Thats fine i doubt if many of us care that your ashamed of us. I bought their product, love it and plan to buy more.

Syil's website DOES suck. It used to be fairly good. I don't know what they were thinking when they redesigned it. You don't need to register to READ cnczone, and you shouldn't need to register to look at product information.

But their products are a great value, and information about their products are freely available from resellers in this country.

What are you going to do? No company is perfect.

-Jeff

Inspiration Tool...
    Thank You. Somebody on here actually UNDERSTOOD what I said and didn't hide behind the veil of anonymity the internet affords them, while snickering and pretending to be better than me because they didn't agree with what I said. As for registering and logging on to actually PARTICIPATE on CNCzone.com...well, that is a different matter entirely...it's like belonging to a club. It's up to the individual to decide if it's worth the effort or requirement. But imagine being asked to provide drivers license and a credit card before entering Home Depot just to look at their stuff...who in their right mind would go for that? It's the same principal as SYIL has done by making their website unnavigable without registration. I know how to use a computer and browse the web...I know what I am talking about...I am unable to access ANY part of the SYIL website except the homepage without being sent to a page that requires me to register to continue. Here in America, land of capitalism, the seller doesn't establish the market or the entry point...the consumer does. I don't care how good SYIL's product is...for them to determine how, if and when I may look at their information on products they offer to sell...is tantamount to running a credit check before I can window shop. Nobody needs my personal information...if I choose to give it to them, I make an informed decision based on risk and reward. And for all the titters and giggles, and half-backhanded remarks I was given on here...where were your necks when our people were in peril? It damn sure wasn't sticking out on the chopping block in place of others...I'm glad that you were willing to compromise your principals to get a cheaper machine. I'm sure that you'll be the same people to run and hide and ask other people to do the standing if and when our civil liberties and personal freedoms are being impinged upon. What a man stands for says a lot...what a man lays down for says even more.

Wyld...

I'd like to make a few observations/comments.

1) I'm a firm believer in Hanlon's Razor:

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

In other words, I think that Syil didn't do this out of evil intent. It is a mistake, albeit a bone-headed one. This is a mistake alot of companies make.

I figure in time, they will realize that it is simpler and easier to give people the information they want as quickly as possible to sell the largest number of machines.

Who knows? They just might have not figured out where to flip the switch to allow anonymous reading.

Also, they have some compatibility issues. They decided to get fancy, and broke compatibility with Firefox, my default browser, which is superior to Internet Explorer.

2) This is what BUGMENOT was made for. See: http://www.bugmenot.com/

It provides fake usernames and passwords for sites that should not have registration. Get a junk e-mail address, set up an account, and share it on bugmenot.com so others can fufill the promise of the internet and "route around stupidity".

-Jeff

lol

Somebody on here actually UNDERSTOOD what I said and didn't hide behind the veil of anonymity the internet affords them, while snickering and pretending to be better than me because they didn't agree with what I said.
    Your funny. Who's hiding?

I'm glad that you were willing to compromise your principals to get a cheaper machine. I'm sure that you'll be the same people to run and hide and ask other people to do the standing if and when our civil liberties and personal freedoms are being impinged upon
    Do you think your the only one here who has spent time in the military?

Your entire attitude is funny to me? Do you think your doing anyone a favor by trying to tie your contempt for a company with patronism? Have your opinion thats fine, but attacking people who don't think like you do is an obvious sign of insecurity.

I bought my machine because it fit my needs best, and the service was fantastic, pure and simple. If you don't like them don't buy their product, its a simple concept.

Don't be embarrassed for me buying one, be embarrassed for you caring enough about what i do.

Take a look around your home and i guarrentee there is plenty of chinese merchandise in your possesion.

Get a life, grow up, and stop acting like your waving a flag for all americans.

Patriotism; Legion9999999

Patriotism is for fools. To believe that a country and a government can do no wrong only works if you have too much fat in your head. The flag is a symbol of our being united as a country...a nation of individuals choosing a common ground for the common good. It's bad enough that China gobbles up our federal debt on the free market. You realize that's how we can maintain our government with a MASSIVE deficit don't you? Those notes are not stashed in some bunker at Fort Knox...they are sold to the highest bidder. It doesn't bother you that a sworn enemy of the US can bend our political will by simply threatening to call our debts? And you want to give them your trade dollars too? Icing on the cake. I hope it tastes good while it lasts. We're on the verge of another depression...one that'll make the 30's look like the 90's. And just so you understand...capitalism and free trade don't exist in China. There is no such thing. The Chinese are not the old USSR. They have existed as a people...a UNITED people (not necessarily peaceful, fighting amongst themselves for power, but always united) for over 5000 years. I'm not scared of China's military might. I'm scared of their political bent, their political will, their political wisdom. 2 billion people can't be wrong. Not when we have 330 million people willing to give them all the ammunition they need to win a war without firing a shot. The will of a nation is governed by the consent of the people. We consent to anything that makes us lazier and more complacent. Thus we have WalMart selling cheap goods to hacks like us. I try very hard to support American products...not as a patriot but as an American worker. Sometimes the price is high...I can overlook that. Sometimes the quality isn't there...I can overlook that. When the prices are high and the quality isn't present...I can't overlook that. I wonder how long you'll be able to enjoy your Chinese-made machine when your job and your childrens future are exported overseas. We can't exist as a nation of servants...service industry exists to serve those able to afford it. Someone who makes $9 an hour can't afford to pay someone else $10 an hour to do something else for them. This isn't about have or have-nots...this is about common sense. It takes a higher quality of life and a higher income to have "disposable income" to buy these cheap goods. Someday soon there will be no middle class in America...someday soon there will be no cheap goods from China, they will be expensive goods from China. Someday soon the cheap goods and labor will originate from America. You may have served our nation...but that doesn't mean you understand commerce, trade or history. Know history...avoid repeating mistakes of the past. This is just like the old spice trade...cutting throats and getting rich. Only it will be American life-blood that is spilt...by Americans who think that they are unable to make a difference alone, as an individual, and so join the anonymous mob as a faceless, nameless cell of a corrupt organism.

This topic has devolved from the simple point that SYIL's website is not user friendly and is set up poorly. That cannot be argued except by sycophants of SYIL and argumentative people. Point. Set. Match.

lol

Point. Set. Match
    What by you rambling like a fool? You wavered on your opening post. I think you seriously need some help.