585,922 active members*
3,488 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

help in construction!

can somebody help me with these anibody with some plans!! thanks!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S2010074.JPG  

Šta je to na slici.

to ti je tokarac za drvene shellove znas li sto o konstrukciji toga??

More information

I think you will get a better response if you provide in more details what kind of help you are looking for.

i need some plans for building this!! I am interested only how to build a jig on that table so I can fix the drum shell on it!!

Looks pretty basic, your main issue would be finding the metal for the jig. I would think that it could be done in wood as well, (plywood 2 or 3 pieces of 3/4 stuff epoxied together)

Then from there, find out your circle radius and start drilling the boltholes that will hold your drum on.

Looks like they have 7 bolts threaded through to catch the inside.

EDIT: If your ONLY plans were for drums.. I would think that you could build it completly out of plywood and have the pulley bar sitting on top of a few bearings on top of the wooden plywood box. The arm for holding your carving tools could also be bolted right to the box.

Make a square box, sealed in on all sides, bolt the pulley and bar onto bearings clamped to the top, then bolt a metal arm coming out to hold your chisels..

I have plans that show how to make a wooden lathe out of all plywood & other parts available at a hardware store.. drop me a PM if you want them.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonD View Post
    Looks pretty basic, your main issue would be finding the metal for the jig. I would think that it could be done in wood as well, (plywood 2 or 3 pieces of 3/4 stuff epoxied together)

Then from there, find out your circle radius and start drilling the boltholes that will hold your drum on.

Looks like they have 7 bolts threaded through to catch the inside.

EDIT: If your ONLY plans were for drums.. I would think that you could build it completly out of plywood and have the pulley bar sitting on top of a few bearings on top of the wooden plywood box. The arm for holding your carving tools could also be bolted right to the box.

Make a square box, sealed in on all sides, bolt the pulley and bar onto bearings clamped to the top, then bolt a metal arm coming out to hold your chisels..

I have plans that show how to make a wooden lathe out of all plywood & other parts available at a hardware store.. drop me a PM if you want them.

PM me as I am getting into drum building also - I have some plans for a woodworking lather.

Regards

Tony
    Drakkn Custom Shop http://www.drakkncustomshop.co.uk

I build banjo rims - similar

Check out my website... hicklerbanjo.com. I have a four axis lathe that I made myself. It's not exactly the same, but it works. I have some pictures and plans, though not complete for the CNC prototype. I'll help you if I can.

- Mark

I guess your plans could be adapted to make snare drums ?
    I know I make guitars but I am also being asked if I can make drums as well

email me and I'll do what I can to help. My plans can be adapted, but you can also adapt a standard wood lathe.

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mhickler View Post
    email me and I'll do what I can to help. My plans can be adapted, but you can also adapt a standard wood lathe.

[email protected]
    Cheers - I have not even made the lathe yet - just finished my cnc machine - probably cant adapt that though ?

Can you send pictures?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mhickler View Post
    Can you send pictures?
    I have a pdf file but I dont think you can put them up here so I could put them on my website for you to download .let me know

drum lathe

Mount the piece on a faceplate using hot melt glue. Run a bead of glue around the outside and turn the inside first. Then run a bead of hot melt on the inside and turn the outside. Keep the speed fairly slow.

http://www.turningaround.org/31inColumnBases.htm
    this shows the face plate construction