585,715 active members*
3,856 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

need help for this board ?!!

hello there
    i need your help to know what the purpose of this board ?
    i have hypertherm 260XD

thank you

Re: need help for this board ?!!

It is a voltage divider, isolator. It connects to the raw DC voltage on a Hypertherm plasma cutter (100% duty cycle industrial units) and divides the voltage at a ratio of 50 / 1, as well as isolating and filtering the signal for processing in a height control circuit. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Note: it is always best to contact the manufacturer! Hypertherm's technical service team can identify almost any part that has a Hypertherm part number that was manufactured since 1968!

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    It is a voltage divider, isolator. It connects to the raw DC voltage on a Hypertherm plasma cutter (100% duty cycle industrial units) and divides the voltage at a ratio of 50 / 1, as well as isolating and filtering the signal for processing in a height control circuit. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Note: it is always best to contact the manufacturer! Hypertherm's technical service team can identify almost any part that has a Hypertherm part number that was manufactured since 1968!
    Hi there

What is the role of this board in height control circuit?

Thanks

It gives You input voltage for height control unit.

Quote Originally Posted by steryd View Post
    It gives You input voltage for height control unit.
    Thanks steryd
    How i can use it to hieght control?

It is not a height control. It only supplies a divided, filtered, analog voltage to the Hypertherm height control as feedback to control height.

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    It is not a height control. It only supplies a divided, filtered, analog voltage to the Hypertherm height control as feedback to control height.
    What Jim is saying (Please correct me if I am wrong) is that this board sends the signal to the height control - it is what allows the height control to regulate the height. So, this board uses the arc voltage as an input, the output is a 0 - 5 VDC signal that is sent to the unit that will raise or lower the torch.The isolation and filtering circuits on the board prevent the high frequency used in starting the plasma arc from destroying the height control circuitry.

The arc voltage is divided by a 50:1 ratio. For example, you are cutting 0.500" material and the voltage output of the power supply is 136 VDC. This board sends a 2.72 VDC signal to the height control.

Lets say that you want to cut a 3 inch square from 0.500" carbon steel, @200 amps 90 IPM with an Arc Voltage of 140. You start the program, the torch moves to the pierce point, fires, pierces the material and the machine begins to move. After a brief delay, the comparator circuits of the height control compare the signal from the arc voltage divider circuit to the set value you have selected and raises or lowers the torch until the output of the voltage divider equals the value set by the control. The value the comparator circuit is looking for is 2.8 VDC.

Quote Originally Posted by bytor View Post
    What Jim is saying (Please correct me if I am wrong) is that this board sends the signal to the height control - it is what allows the height control to regulate the height. So, this board uses the arc voltage as an input, the output is a 0 - 5 VDC signal that is sent to the unit that will raise or lower the torch.The isolation and filtering circuits on the board prevent the high frequency used in starting the plasma arc from destroying the height control circuitry.

The arc voltage is divided by a 50:1 ratio. For example, you are cutting 0.500" material and the voltage output of the power supply is 136 VDC. This board sends a 2.72 VDC signal to the height control.

Lets say that you want to cut a 3 inch square from 0.500" carbon steel, @200 amps 90 IPM with an Arc Voltage of 140. You start the program, the torch moves to the pierce point, fires, pierces the material and the machine begins to move. After a brief delay, the comparator circuits of the height control compare the signal from the arc voltage divider circuit to the set value you have selected and raises or lowers the torch until the output of the voltage divider equals the value set by the control. The value the comparator circuit is looking for is 2.8 VDC.
    Thanks for help but i want to know how i can use it to control height ??

This is what we are trying to tell you. This board is a part of a Height control system. However, this board does not regulate the height. That is done by the lift, and the lift needs to have arc voltage height control capability. This board sends the signal to the lift to regulate height, it does not move the torch up and down. You need this board or one that functions like it to get a lift to regulate height by arc voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by bytor View Post
    This is what we are trying to tell you. This board is a part of a Height control system. However, this board does not regulate the height. That is done by the lift, and the lift needs to have arc voltage height control capability. This board sends the signal to the lift to regulate height, it does not move the torch up and down. You need this board or one that functions like it to get a lift to regulate height by arc voltage.
    Hello
    Thanks for reply
    I have this board and lifter but it does no thing only read height
    I dont know if the matter in this board or software
    Thanks