585,715 active members*
3,917 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Control restarts randomly

Control restarts randomly

I am still getting familiar to my 93 vmc 40, and it seems in the first five minutes being on, I have had the control restart on me a handfull of times. One time during a tool change resulting in a dropped tool. It does not give an error, it acts just has if the power has been cut off and it just restarts. When powering up my machine using the knife switch, I occasionally need to throw the switch 2-3 times to get the cnc green power button to power up the cnc cabinet. I have a feeling they are related, but not sure where to start. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any help is appreciated

Re: Control restarts randomly

It is possible that you have a failing power supply.......But, the first thing I would do is disconnect the machine from power, and then go through and tighten every electrical terminal in the machine, at the same time be looking for loose wires, relays, and anything else that looks like it could move. If your machine has removable computer cards, pull them out of the socket and reseat them. After years of running, the terminals can become loose. I am not speaking to Fadal specifically, but machines in general. I have fixed a lot of machines that way.