585,926 active members*
3,869 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

where to get interact 4 motor brushes

I need a set of motor brushes for my interact 4 mill. I called bridgeport and they were about worthless. I gave them the part number and they said 843 bucks.....yeah right. someone has to know the correct part number. 1551259 is what i got from someone on here but i guess its wrong. can someone shed some light on this and tell me where they buy theirs at.

thanks a million

Jay

Perhaps they are now only servicing the whole motor assembly which might go for $843.

Supposedly, Hardinge is in a bit of a bind with some of the "legacy" Bridgeport service support. WHen Hardinge bought out the assets of the defunct Bridgeport Machines, not all of the tech info was in readily available and/or useable condition.

Hence, a lot of the old service parts info (specs, part numbers, sources, etc) weren't useable, current or even verified - some might content that they supposedly wanted some of the old legacy stuff to fade away - the sooner the better. You don't make money selling brushes for old machines, only selling all new CNC machines.

Apparently and supposedly still, Hardinge bought the assets to get access to the classic mill and really didn't plan or even care to "support" the balance of what Bridgeport hath wrought. May it RIP. THis pretty much leaves the users/owners to have to fend for themselvess.

Not pretty nor what you want to hear but spot on according to my research efforts into servicing my machines.

The most common suspects to contact include EMI as they are run by former Bridgeport engineers - they're servicing a lot of machines and/or some of the softare, especially those that use the BMDC Digital Controller system.

You might try calling BPT Machines (Carol Stream, IL, they do have a web site as I recall). They do a lot of service and are well connnected in the industry at both the supplier and component level.

Production Tools in Michigan sells a lot of aftermarket Bridgeport service parts for the classic mill. Perhaps the motor brush part number is common and they might have some.

Then there is always the internet....

You might even get the info off of the motor and, if it is a commercially produced one (USEM, Reliance, etc), perhaps a motor shop might be of help.

At times like this, your OEM part number list may and probably will not serve you as well as it did back when Bridgeport was one of "the" machine tool suppliers you could count on in the USA.

Any more, Bridgeport is just a name and what used to be a former glorious machine tool supplier is nothing more than a masthead/marketing facade when it comes to legacy hardware.

Check with Helwig Carbon Products, they sell after market for all the large players like Gettys, Mitsubishi & Fanuc etc.
    They would probabally make them for less than that price.
    http://www.helwigcarbon.com/cdcatalog/frames2.htm
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

You did not say if you needed spindle motor brushes or axis motor brushes.
    I would check with CLARKSON as he was the only person that Bridgeport sent their SEM motors to. I just attached some service bulletins to another trend today that was specifically about axis motor brushes including part numbers. Hardinge really does not want to deal with the old stuff. Too much trouble with little profit (well, maybe not looking at those prices). Maybe they are thinking that with a high enough price, you will go some where else and not bother them.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Look at the interact noise trend.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

interact noise trend????

I need spindle motor brushes.

What is the make/model of spindle motor?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Why not try SEM - they at least are still in business and brushes should be cheap to post:

SEM Ltd

Kangley Bridge Road
    London
    SE26 5AS
    United Kingdom
    phone: +44 181 659 4021
    fax: +44 181 676 0314
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

the spindle motor is a SICME 2M 112 L2-IVA/W-55 it was made in 1989

That is an Italian motor? I have bridgeport part numbers for these brushes but it may take a bit of digging at the office. But will that do you any good.

George