585,775 active members*
4,437 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

Benchtop Pro 2x3

I've been looking at the CNCRP Benchtop PRO for some time but held off because it seemed to be available only in a 2x2 foot cutting area. This seemed to be a little small for me. About two months ago, I wrote to CNCRP and asked if the kit could be made available with a 2x3 foot cutting area. I was delighted to hear that it was and promptly placed my order understanding that there would be about a two month lead time.

The kit arrived yesterday and I thought I'd start a build thread. At CNCRouterparts suggestion, the kit was shipped on a pallet by UPS freight. That meant that it had to be picked up at a UPS terminal. Although each box was "UPS legal", by shipping on a pallet, there was less chance that a box and its contents could be damaged. Here is a photo that Cory sent showing the boxes on a pallet before shipment:

Since I have a day job, my 4'11" wife picked up the shipment in our minivan. The UPS guys were great and loaded the boxes in the van for her. They all had no damage! I had no trouble moving the boxes by myself.

The contents of each box was securely protected. Here are some photos of the boxes and the included padding. Every part of the router looked to be pristine condition without any shipping damage.

It going to take some time but I started putting things together tonight. I had previously made a stand and the last photo shows what I have completed so far.

Christmas festivities will slow down the build but I'll continue to post as I get more done. Comments much appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 161220-1a.jpg   161220-2a.jpg   161220-4a.jpg   161220-7a.jpg