585,883 active members*
4,629 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Renishaw

Renishaw

Is it possible to use (and calibrate) Renishaw OMP-40 without OTS toll setter?

Re: Renishaw

The only thing the OTS is used for when calibrating the OMP40 is for calculating the tool length of the OMP40; the OTS is not needed for any other OMP40 cycles. This value can be measured manually, of course, then input into the offset page for the appropriate tool location, but I am not certain if that same value is expected to be in any other macro variables for later use when performing any probing routines. For this answer I would have to defer to the probe experts here on the forum or you could call Renishaw directly. I am not sure if you have any local Renishaw offices in the Ukraine or if you would have to call them in the UK.

Good luck and please report back what you find out.

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    The only thing the OTS is used for when calibrating the OMP40 is for calculating the tool length of the OMP40; the OTS is not needed for any other OMP40 cycles. This value can be measured manually, of course, then input into the offset page for the appropriate tool location, but I am not certain if that same value is expected to be in any other macro variables for later use when performing any probing routines. For this answer I would have to defer to the probe experts here on the forum or you could call Renishaw directly. I am not sure if you have any local Renishaw offices in the Ukraine or if you would have to call them in the UK.

Good luck and please report back what you find out.
    Hi,

HAAS WIPS does not use Renishaw cycles, they use their own and Renishaw only provide the hardware.

I think you will have to go back to HAAS and ask them as Renishaw has no part in the probing software.

Alternatively get hold of an OTS either from HAAS or buy a standard Renishaw OTS (they are interchangeable).

https://diy.haascnc.com/printpdf/pro...ps-calibration

Haas wips wraps some of the renishaw inspection plus routines.

Quote Originally Posted by seemarc View Post
    Hi,

HAAS WIPS does not use Renishaw cycles, they use their own and Renishaw only provide the hardware.

I think you will have to go back to HAAS and ask them as Renishaw has no part in the probing software.

Alternatively get hold of an OTS either from HAAS or buy a standard Renishaw OTS (they are interchangeable).

https://diy.haascnc.com/printpdf/pro...ps-calibration
    This PDF is exactly what I have done in the past and works perfect.
    Gary