585,762 active members*
4,174 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > CNCRP Pro4896 with HY 220 VFD and Water cooled spindle - Estop issue fixed

CNCRP Pro4896 with HY 220 VFD and Water cooled spindle - Estop issue fixed

So I finished my build, CNCRP Pro4896, Gecko G540, UC100, 2.2kW water cooled spindle, and CNCRP proximity sensors. I could do an air cut no problem, but with the spindle on it would e-stop after 5-10 mins. I was pulling my hair out thinking it had to be noise. I have went through every post I could find. Rewired my controller 2 times. Checked all my shielded cables over and over again. Checked all my earth grounds, and changed out the e-stop. I installed a EMI filter before the VFD and it worked for about 6 jobs after that; then the next day it started all over again. So back to the drawing board. I started building a new config, and then started doing the VFD plugin. I realized what was happening. I had the e-stop power in the VFD plugin set for 8.5a, but on the VFD I had 9a, so every time it went over 8.5a it was e-stopping. I fixed the amps setting to match in the plugin config and VFD and left e-stop and pulleys unchecked this time. I checked and it still shuts the spindle down when the e-stop is pressed or a limit switch is hit. I have run multiple jobs and no unexpected e-stop so far. I just thought I would put this out there so if someone makes the same boneheaded mistake.

Good Luck

Re: CNCRP Pro4896 with HY 220 VFD and Water cooled spindle - Estop issue fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Hsayre2016 View Post
    So I finished my build, CNCRP Pro4896, Gecko G540, UC100, 2.2kW water cooled spindle, and CNCRP proximity sensors. I could do an air cut no problem, but with the spindle on it would e-stop after 5-10 mins. I was pulling my hair out thinking it had to be noise. I have went through every post I could find. Rewired my controller 2 times. Checked all my shielded cables over and over again. Checked all my earth grounds, and changed out the e-stop. I installed a EMI filter before the VFD and it worked for about 6 jobs after that; then the next day it started all over again. So back to the drawing board. I started building a new config, and then started doing the VFD plugin. I realized what was happening. I had the e-stop power in the VFD plugin set for 8.5a, but on the VFD I had 9a, so every time it went over 8.5a it was e-stopping. I fixed the amps setting to match in the plugin config and VFD and left e-stop and pulleys unchecked this time. I checked and it still shuts the spindle down when the e-stop is pressed or a limit switch is hit. I have run multiple jobs and no unexpected e-stop so far. I just thought I would put this out there so if someone makes the same boneheaded mistake.

Good Luck
    Thank you for the information

I plan on using similar hardware in my next build.

Served by a Droid