584,812 active members*
5,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Mitutoyo Touch probe 902329

I bought this guy on Ebay thinking I could figure it out. I can't find any documentation on it anywhere. It only has two wires connected although the connector has four pins. I thought that that kind of setup would be a normally open or normally closed switch but that does not seem to be the case. Unless this thing is broken. Are there active circuits that only use two wires? If anyone could help me out I would sure appreciate it. I did see another thread with this probe and I left a post there but I was hoping the community could give me a hand.

Thanks
    Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Densoman View Post
    I bought this guy on Ebay thinking I could figure it out. I can't find any documentation on it anywhere. It only has two wires connected although the connector has four pins. I thought that that kind of setup would be a normally open or normally closed switch but that does not seem to be the case. Unless this thing is broken. Are there active circuits that only use two wires? If anyone could help me out I would sure appreciate it. I did see another thread with this probe and I left a post there but I was hoping the community could give me a hand.

Thanks
    Bart
    Super old post. This is a conductive probe. Pin 1 goes to the probe tip and pin 3 goes to the shank (or vice versa). I have a new one in the box. Thought I would bring closure to this one in case anyone searches for it again.
    Would make a dandy easy touch probe.