586,011 active members*
5,013 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > 2 month old Haas VF2D, Regen Overheat?

2 month old Haas VF2D, Regen Overheat?

As stated, I have a 2 month old Haas VF2D, just received in December, and use it occasionally (30 hours a week maybe?), and this morning, I powered up the machine, did the power up restart, and ran the Haas supplied spindle warm up program like I do every day, and left the shop for about 5 hours. I came back and the machine was off, so I powered it up, checked the alarms, and had a "122 Regen Overheat" and a shutdown. It seems as though the input voltage is too high (EDIT: looked again, on the prgm/diag screen, it says DC Buss 348v, although yesterday it said 350-351v)? I've heard that this could be a Vector Drive failure? I have noticed that occasionally the digital spindle rpm display has a lag time when running certain programs, same with the feed reading, and I get a corrupt data error at least once a week when loading programs via the USB.. I'm a bit upset, and hope that this isnt going to be some sort of recurring ordeal.. I've called my local HFO, and I'm stuck until they can send someone out in a few days.. I'm glad its under warranty, but I'm already starting to wonder about the reliability of this machine..

it sound like they hooked the power up wrong in the back of the machine get you tec back what power are you running in you shop

the people who set your machine up should have checked for proper voltage

also make sure you have an earth ground(that would be a copper pole driven down 4 feet threw a hole in the concrete located as close to the power into the machine as possible)connected to the ground of the machine

Thats the impression I'm under as well, the local HFO tech did the install, I'm wondering how its worked fine for this long? I'm assuming that it finally killed something in the machine? Its 3 phase power at the shop, although I don't know much more about it.. What really sucks is that even if it is the local HFO techs fault, I'm sure they dont cover machine downtime due to their screwup either..

HA HA HA No we could not be that lucky im waiting on a tech as well i think my disc drive is going out on my mini but i have never heard of your problem
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

I got the corupt file error, and a software update from the HFO Cleared it up.
    "It's only funny until some one get's hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!" Mike Patton - Faith No More Ricochet

Can you tell me what software version you have, so I can request it as well?

Also, I double checked the "DC Buss voltage" in the Prgm/Diag screen, and it said "DC BUSS 348v" today, but I think it said 350-351v yesterday, are those within spec? I'm bored and the HFO tech can't make it out till tomorrow, so I might as well figure out all I can, without actually working on the machine, since its still under warranty..

I'll let you know when I get to the machine. It's a second job for me. So I'll get back to you in a few hours!!!
    "It's only funny until some one get's hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!" Mike Patton - Faith No More Ricochet

Software Version M15.03B is what I am running now.

Make sure when they reinstall the software, that they completely clean the machine memory. I was told by the tech, that this is crucial, and if it's not done, you may get these corupt file errors as well.

Oh yah, my DC Bus is hovering around 348V!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interestingly enough, I powered up the machine today, and it ran fine all day.. The tech will still be out tomorrow, so I'll see if he can find the problem, otherwise I'll run it until it breaks again.. Odd.

Re: 2 month old Haas VF2D, Regen Overheat?

Did you have any other alarms?